The doors open.

Newt's POV
The doors open, too slowly. Everyone else has given up hope that they're coming back. Thomas and Minho survived the first time, but their chances of coming back again were small. But I heard a scream. It sounded like Emery. The doors opened, and there was nothing. I turned to leave with everyone else, but then I heard something.
"There they are!" I heard somebody, I think it was Chuck, yell. I looked to see Thomas and Minho walking out, Emery draped over their shoulders. She must have gotten stung by a Griever. They walked slowly, but they were obviously trying to hurry.
Emery's POV
My strength was going away. I knew Thomas and Minho were carrying me, but I didn't know where. It was the only thing I was aware of. I could barely see, barely here, barely anything. I could here some cheering and yelling, but it was muffled. Suddenly they set me down.
"We need to get her grief serum!" Thomas yelled. I think someone went off to get it, but I'm not sure.
"Em?" Newt bent down in front of me.
"Newt!" I said, reaching for him with the last bit of strength I had. He picked me up and cradled me in his arms. I was probably dying, but I never felt safer.
Newt's POV
Emery was tiny. I held her until Alby came back with the grief serum. I didn't realize how small and light she was. She's perfect. I lightly kissed her forehead, even though everyone in the bloody glade was watching. I didn't care. She smiled, even through her lack of strength.
"I've got the grief serum," Alby said, suddenly behind me. I laid Emery on the ground and injected the grief serum into her side, where she got stung. She screamed and writhed in pain. I picked her up again and carried her to the homestead. I sat with her the next three days while she went through the changing, through all her screams and tears.