Love is an open door

Authors note:
Yay finally an update! I'm so sorry about the lack of updates. I'm not going to promise I'll update more, because that never happens. I just need to let you know a couple things. Minho will be breaking into song in every chapter from now on. Specifically frozen songs. Thanks to LestatKarder and random_lover_anime for this idea. SerenaTheTransformer was asleep during this conversation. But follow her anyways. All three of them get co-author credit on this chapter.

Emery's POV:
I woke up three days later. I had a weird dream. It seemed strangely realistic. I turn over sleepily to see Newt looking down, deep in thought. He looked up and smiled at me.
"Hey Em." he said. "You okay?"
"Hi." I responded, my voice hoarse. "I had a weird dream. It seemed real."
He looked down and bit his lip, making him look even cuter than normal. "That was the changing." The memories of the past few days came flooding back to me. Thomas pulling me into the maze. Getting stung by a Griever. Newt kissing me then injecting me with whatever was in the syringe. Suddenly the door opened. It was Minho, the boy that was in the maze with me and Thomas.
"Hey Newt. I knew I would find you in here. With your girlfriend." I blushed. I looked over at Newt, and he was blushing and smiling.
"There's a gathering. It's in about an hour. I'll leave you two lovebirds to get ready." Newt laughed, but he didn't deny anything. Minho left, humming suspiciously.
"Get ready for the gathering." Newt said, leaning down to kiss my forehead. "I'll meet you downstairs when you're ready."
I got up a little bit later, still feeling bad. But I ignored my pounding head as I tied up my hair and went downstairs to see Newt

Newt's POV:
I was waiting for Emery when she came downstairs. "I like your hair like that." I said. She blushed, but she was smiling.
"Thank you," she said, smiling. I offered her my hand, and I walked her to the gathering place. I dropped her hand outside the door. I didn't need anyone to think I was favoring her.

Emery's POV:
I walk into the gathering place, and everyone stares at me. Newt walks in behind me, and he points me to a seat in the middle of the room. Then Alby began.
" We've called this gathering today because Thomas does stupid things and drags the greenie into it. We need to decide what to do. Who wants to go first?"
Gally stands up, and Alby acknowledges him. "Yes Gally?"
He looked at me. "I think they should be punished. They broke the number one rule of the Glade. We can't ignore that."
"Hasn't Thomas already done that? " Minho asked. "That's why he's a runner."
"Well what do you think Minho?" Newt asked him.
"Make her a runner." He said simply. "She ran perfectly fine out in the maze. Why not?" There were shouts, some in agreement, and some disagreeing.
The gathering went on for a little while longer, but we finally came to a conclusion. Thomas and I were both subjected to a day in the slammer, and then I was to become a runner. Newt was not happy about that.
After the gathering, Newt pulled me over by the wall. "You're an idiot for wanting to be a runner." He said. I looked up at him, and he was smiling at me like I was crazy. He pulled me closer. "But you're my idiot." Then everything happened at once.
He pulled me up on my toes, because I was really short compared to him. He pressed his lips to mine, and I could feel the warmth of his lips. Newt was amazing. I was nervous that someone could see us, but I really didn't care. Suddenly, the door opened. It was Minho.
"LOVE IS AN OPEN DOOR!" He sang happily,bursting through the door. Thomas followed behind him, both of them with their arms in the air. I was blushing and Newt was laughing, and he pulled me up for another kiss.

Authors note!
I am so sorry for all the silliness in this chapter. Proof that the three of us shouldn't work together on anything. LestatKarder wrote all of Minho's parts. Is anyone else happy Newt and Emery finally kissed?! I've been wanting to write that for a long time.