Teresa

It'd been a couple days since the other girl came up in the box. Everyone pretty much continued life as normal, except Clint and Jeff. All of their attention was turned to the new girl, who hadn't woken up yet. But according to them, she was going to wake up soon.
I was enjoying being a runner, even if Newt didn't really trust me out there yet. He stopped me every day before Thomas, Minho, and I went out in the maze.
"Be careful out there, princess" I heard every day. He was overly concerned, and he knew it too.
One day, when we were coming back, I saw Newt waiting for me impatiently.
"Em!" He exclaimed, nervously wringing his hands.
"Hey Newt," I said cautiously, while Thomas and Minho ran ahead. "Is everything okay?" I ask.
"Well... not exactly. The new girl woke up, and she won't talk to any of us, so maybe, could you go talk to her? You're the only other girl, so maybe she won't threaten to kill you?" He said, like it was a question. I sighed. I was hungry, not to mention nearly exhausted, but I nodded.
"You're the best, princess." He smiled, walking me to the medjack house (forgot the name so I used the next best thing). "Be careful." He added, pecking me on the cheek. " When you're done we can get some of Frypan's cooking." I smiled and nodded. He left.
" Hello?" I ask, slightly opening the door. I saw a tall girl with black hair sitting on a cot. She had a pocket knife, but she didn't exactly look like she was about to use it on me.
" Wait." She said, slightly shocked. "There are other girls here?" She asked, putting her knife down. I moved slightly closer, and sat on the floor near her cot.
"Not exactly." I answered. " I'm the only other girl. My name's Emery. What's yours?" I asked.
"Teresa." She responded quietly. "Thank you for coming to talk to me, but please leave. Can you get Thomas for me?" She asked. I nodded and stood up to leave.
"If you need anything you can come talk to me." I said, feeling slightly defeated. She doesn't respond, and I just end up leaving.
"How'd it go in there Em?" Newt asked, the second I walk outside.
"Fine." I answered. "But let's just go get some food." Newt gladly takes my hand and we walk to the homestead.
"How'd it go with the new girl?" Thomas asked when he saw me.
"Um... she said she wanted you." I replied, feeling unsure about telling him.
"Wait... me? Why me?" He asked, sounding paranoid.
"Just bloody go, Tommy." Newt said, before I could even open my mouth. He shrugged and obeyed.
Later that night, Newt was walking me to our room.
"So do you still like being a runner?" He asked, limping his way up the stairs. I rolled my eyes and took his hand.
"Yes Newt. You can stop asking me that anytime you want." I respond. He just laughed. We had gotten to our room and I was lying on the bed. "Do you really not trust me out there?" I ask, propping myself up on one side and staring at him. He stared back and sighed.
"It's not that I don't trust you princess." He said, taking me by the waist and pulling me closer. "I just love you, and I don't want anything to happen to you."
I smiled and let Newt pull me closer. "I love you too Newt. Thank you for caring about me." Newt kisses me, and we both fall asleep.

Newt's POV.
I wake up the next morning, Emery still asleep in my arms. I kiss her on the forehead, before getting up. I sense that somethings wrong, and I'm right. Outside, the sun hasn't risen. There was no sign of light anywhere. " What?" I mutter, confused. The other guys are confused as well. They're all outside, scratching their heads and pointing at the sky. I decide to wake up Em so we can get downstairs and outside to see whatever was going on.
"Wake up, princess." I say, trying to get her up. It doesn't take long, and spoon we're outside with everyone else.
Turned out, not a single person in the whole bloody glade knew what was going on, besides Teresa, the new girl. According to her, she had triggered " The Ending". No one wanted to go back to work; except for the runners. And that, of course, was Tommy's idea.

Emery's POV.
"We're going out in the maze Emery. Are you coming?" Minho asked, impatiently tapping his feet. "Because we need to get out there."
"I want to, yeah." I replied. "You guys can go ahead. I'll catch up."  I tell them. Thomas rolls his eyes, but him and Minho run on out into the maze. I go to find Newt before I do the same.
"Alright. Just... please be careful, princess." He tells me. "I know I tell you that everyday, but whatever. I love you, Em." He said, giving me a quick kiss.
"I love you too." I respond, before running back to the maze.
It takes me nearly half the day to find Thomas and Minho, and by that time we have to head back. The sky was darkening, and the doors would be closing
We get back just in time, or so we think. We could hear Grievers, but the doors were still open. We didn't know what was happening, except that Grievers were getting noticeably louder. No one acted on this problem, until we saw a Griever crawl it's way slowly through the open doors of the maze.