The slammer

Authors note: I am terrible with updates. Nobody needs to tell me this. I just thank you all for being extremely patient with this story. I also want to let you know that I have a New story called Maze runner imagines. Go read it and request an imagine if you have the time. After you finish this chapter of course. Now on with the story!!!
Emery's POV
I lie in my bed, reluctant to get up. I turn over hoping to go back to sleep, but I don't. Thomas and I have to spend a day in the slammer for breaking the rules, and I wasn't looking forward to it. I'm just about to close my eyes again, but the door opens and Newt comes in.
"Hello beautiful," he says, coming over to my bedside. He pecks me on the cheek, and then says, "I know you're awake." He smiles.
I open my eyes again, and respond. "What's up?"
"Come get breakfast," he says. " I'm supposed to have you and Thomas in the slammer in half an hour. Alby's orders." I stand up, and Newt walks me downstairs like the gentlemen he is.
"You eat something. I'm going to go get some work done. I'll be back for you two later. " He gives me a quick kiss, and then leaves.
I get some food and sit down with Thomas and Minho. They're talking about the maze or something, but I sit down and all conversation stops.
"Hey Emery," Thomas says, his mouth full. He swallows, but Minho interrupts him before he can say anything else.
"We saw you and Newt after the gathering." he says, a smirk on his face. Thomas laughs.
"I know. You were singing about it." I say, taking a bite of the food in front of me. It's edible, but not particularly tasty.
"Well of course," he says, a sassy smile on face. "I saw two people kissing. What else should I have done?" I roll my eyes, but then Thomas starts talking.
"I agree with Minho." He says. "But seriously. How long have you liked Newt? Or did he just kiss you without saying anything?" Now it's Minho's turn to laugh.
"He didn't just kiss me. Of course I like him. Probably since I saw him when I came up in the box."
"You like him?" Minho asks. I nod, smiling. "What's his last name?" He asks.
"I... I don't know. " I reply, confused.
"What's his favorite food?"
"How would I know? I don't watch him eat."
"Best friends name?"
"Thomas." I answer, and he nods. I've seen them hang out around the Glade.
" Eye color?"
"Um brown?" I respond.
"Foot size?"
"I don't know! Stop questioning me!"
He's about to ask another question, but Newt appears behind him, and he stops talking. (Did anyone catch the frozen reference? haha)
"Come on you two." He says, gesturing to Thomas and I. We follow him, and he grabs my hand unexpectedly. He smiles at me.
"I'll come get you at sundown." He says, opening the door. Right before I enter, he stops me and kisses me. "See you later," he says, wrapping his arms around me in a hug.
I enter the tiny room Thomas and I are spending the day in. Newt locks the door, and he leaves.
Thomas and I spend the rest of the day talking. About Newt and I, about the maze, about everything we can think to talk about. When Newt comes and opens the door, it hardly felt like an entire day had passed.
The day ends with a perfect dinner between Newt and I, just the two of us. It was a perfect day.