1. At Last-Five

-

-

Klaus passed drinks out to everyone as we crowded around the bar. It was exactly what I needed.

"Shit. Keep 'em coming, Klaus," I sighed.

"Sure thing." He whipped up another and slid it down the bar.

"While all of you might be able to sit around and spend the rest of the day drinking, I actually have stuff to do. I have to find my daughter," Allison said, rising her stool and looking around for her purse. "I'll see you guys later."

Everyone gave their goodbye, listening to click of her heels as she walked out the door. I finished my second drink.

"Y'know, I think I'm gonna hit the hay," Diego yawned. "This whole thing has kinda taken all of my energy."

"Me, too," Luther and Vanya agreed.

"What? Awe, guys, don't go!" Klaus protested, passing me a fresh drink. "The party's just gettin' started!"

"Naw Man, I'm tired." Diego batted his hand at us and shuffled off to his room.

Luther and Vanya did the same, leaving Holly, Klaus, and I to ourselves.

Klaus told us about his time as a cult leader, and went into extreme detail.

"Y'know, they would just do anything! It was a real care-free lifestyle, there was the one girl, Anna, and she'd set dates and times for when she could use the sex swing, and boy, was that fun! She could-"

"-Oh, Klaus, we don't need the grave little details," Holly said with a slight giggle.

"Awe, but that make it all the more fun!"

"Maybe for you," She cast a glance over to me, "I think it's about time we go lay down, too."

I stared into the bottom of my glass. I only had two more sips that I could down in one. I finished the drink and slammed my glass onto the bar top.

Just as Holly slid off her stool, I nearly fell off mine.  I used her shoulder to steady myself, then spatial jumped us upstairs to my room.

"Oh, it feels so good to be back," Holly sighed, sprawling out on my bed.

I tossed myself beside her. "It does, doesn't it?"

I still couldn't believe that the apocalypse was over-and for real, this time. The one thing I had obsessed over for decades was finally at an end. For once, I had nothing to do.

Holly giggled, her big doe eyes looking me over.

"What?" I asked.

She shrugged. "Nothing, nothing. Just thinking about how much I love you." She wiggled closer and kissed me once, twice, thrice.

This. This is all I ever wanted. I can finally start living the life I've always wanted. At last.

We didn't even bother to change out of our clothes before snuggling under the covers. I watched as Holly fought to keep her eyes open.

"Hey, Holly," I whispered.

"Mmh?"

"Let's go to Vegas tomorrow and get married,"

"I'd love to..."

•••

"Rise and Shine, Dear," Holly sang, taking a seat on the bed. She handed me a cup of coffee and kissed my cheek.

"Good Morning." I felt better than I did yesterday, but the pain from my shrapnel wound still raged. Holly noticed me struggling to sit up and helped me, fluffing the pillows, and fixing the blankets.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Almost nine." Holly grinned and picked a large paper bag off the floor. "Since you slept in, I had time to take the liberty of going out and buying a dress." From the bag, she produced a short white dress covered in large sequins, complete with puffy sleeves and a large satin bow in the back. "And a bouquet." She from a separate bag, she pulled out a small bouquet of colorful flowers.

Very 80s. Of course.

"It looks wonderful, Doll. Put it on and get yourself ready; I'll finish my coffee and do the same."

"Okay!" Holly squealed. She gave me another kiss and went though her bag of stuff from our old apartment.

I watched as she brushed her hair and did her makeup (which borrowed from Allison), an unmistakable mile-wide smile on her lips and a childish bounce in each step.

God, I really do love her.

I finished my coffee and raided my closet (and Luther's pre-monkey clothes) for a nice suit. Luckily, I found one that fit.

"Alright, Holly, I'm ready when you are,"

Still with her smile, Holly clacked over in glitter pumps that made her almost as tall as me.

"It's a miracle nobody's seen us yet," She giggled.

"You're right," I said with a chuckle, taking her hand. "Now let's go."

•••

"Now, do you...what's your name again, Sweet Cheeks?" The Elvis impersonator asked.

"Holiday," Holly replied.

"Right. Do you, Holiday, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"We-hell, by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Putting the creepy impersonator aside, I dipped my new wife back and kissed her passionately.

"Alright. Next!" Elvis shouted as he ushered us out.

"I can't believe we're married," Holly squeaked. "Oh, I can't believe it!"

I gave her a quick peck on the lips. "Me neither."

Hey everyone! Sorry for a short first chapter.  Second one will be done soon!

Time Travel and the Apocalypse: Book 2.5 On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara