6. Our Baby, the Soccer Player- Holly

-

-

"You should be sitting," Five said, leading me to the couch.

I rolled my eyes. "Honestly, Five, I'm okay. I just want to see the nursery,"

"You'll see it when we go up later; right now you just need to relax."

"I'm perfectly fine, really,"

But my argument was no good;
Five had become very protective of me over the past few months, and at times it was sweet, but always annoying.

I sighed. "Could ya help me up?"

Five did, reluctantly so, and held my hand as headed upstairs to what was now our baby's nursery.

The room had once been an extra space for mission training, but now, it's walls were painted a lovely cream color, and decorated with stuffed various animals, rattles, and other random trinkets we found  around The Academy.

I put my chin on Five's shoulder as we admire the nursery. In one corner sits a rocking chair beside a large bookshelf overflowing with books; not just simplest ones for the baby, but full-on informational textbooks meant for scholars.

"What's with the textbooks, Love?" I giggled.

He shook his head as an embarrassed smile came over his face. "They're for the baby,"

"The baby?"

"Yeah, it's gonna be the world's smartest baby; I thought we'd give 'im a head start,"

I laughed. "Oh, I love you,"

Five kissed my cheek and grabbed a book from the shelf. "This is about quantum mechanics. Quantum Mechanics," He repeated. "Our child will absolutely need to know this; if both of us can time travel and spatial jump, then our child will be able to as well,"

"Yes, but a eight-hundred-something paged book for a baby that can't even read yet?"

He shrugged. "Dad did it to us,"

"You really think your father is the one you should be taking parenting notes from?"

"You're right. Let's just stick to picture books for now,"

I suddenly gasped as the baby kicked. Five jumped nearly a foot in the air and put a hand on my back.

"What? What's wrong? Is it the baby?"

I shook my head. "Nothing's wrong, feel," I placed his hand on my growing bump. Five waited a moment then gasped.

"That-that's the baby?"

"Yep, it's kicking....enough to be a little soccer player or something."

Five smiled proudly and squeezed my hand. "That's i-incredible,"

•••

It was just Five, Diego, and I for dinner that night. Luther had gotten a job as a personal trainer and was working, Vanya was at the theater for orchestra practice, Allison took Claire and went to Los Angeles for the premiere of her latest movie, and Klaus was doing whatever it was he did on the streets.

We were having leftover takeout and watching Breakfast At Tiffany's. I was mouthing every word in the script.

"You really like this movie, don't you?" Diego laughed.

"I do. It's been my favorite since I can remember,"

"We can see that," Five teased gently. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you wrote it,"

"No, Truman Capote wrote the book."

"And you know it better than he does,"

I laughed and kissed Five's cheek. "He's dead, Honey, of course I know it better than him."

Five glanced to Diego, then back at me. "Okay, Baby. I think it's time for bed, don't you think?" He tried to usher me up, but I stayed put and pretended to think.

"Hmm, I don't know, Dear. Do you think it's time for bed?"

"I do. Now come on." He pulled me to my feet.

"Goodnight Diego," I said as Five led me upstairs.

Diego slouched farther onto the couch. "Night!"

I settled into bed and turned off the bedside lamp. "What do you think we should name the baby?" I asked.

"I don't know," Five shrugged. "I haven't really thought about it,"

"Well, if we have a boy, what are some names you would like?"

"Hazel," He said instantly.

I nodded. "I like that, too. For a girl I was thinking either Dolores or Grace."

Five smiled. "Why not both? Dolores Grace sounds nice." He kissed my cheek as I snuggled close.

"Do you want a boy or a girl?" I asked.

"Both. Just as long as we have one, I'll be happy,"

Five's response was so genuine it made my heart flutter and tears prick my eyes.

Damn hormones.

"Me, too." I looked down at my large belly. "We only have three more months to go,"

"And I can't wait." Five said, nuzzling my bump. "I love you, Holly."

"I love you, too, Five." I gasped as the baby kicked again. "And we most definitely love you too, Baby Hargreeves," I placed Five's hand where the baby was. He grinned as he felt it kick.

"We love you, too, Baby,"

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry about the short chapter! I've been super busy lately and have recently started my summer job, but I'll try to keep the updates as consistent as possible!