10. Our Love- Holly

Over One Year Later

•••

-

He was gone. Ever since taking his position back at The Commission, his old age was catching up to him. Phantom pains struck his stomach, his nightmares became more intense, and flashbacks much more often. Some days, it would grow to be too much, and he would slip into a deep almost coma-like state. During these times, I'd stay at his side all day and all night, waiting for him to wake up.

Five's wheezing grew worse. He gasped for breath and lurched as he coughed. His forehead was burning up and dripping with sweat. Eventually his coughing woke him up.

"Oh Honey," I cooed. "Honey,"

"I'm okay," Five mumbled.

I quickly grabbed a damp cloth and gently pressed it to his forehead, mopping up the sweat. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine, fine,"

"Do you think you could get out of bed?"

"I think so."

I held my hand out, but Five ignored it as he hobbled out of bed. He shuffled across the room to his closet and slowly changed out of his pajamas.

"What's today?" He asked.

"Tuesday."

"Tuesday? Where's Diego? He and I have a meeting with Herb-"

"-Oh, Honey, relax; I don't think that's the best idea, you just woke up,"

Five shook me away and slipped on a suit jacket. "I'm fine, Darling."

"I know," I replied softly, lowering my head in defeat. He could see my reflection in the mirror and suddenly felt bad. He took me into his arms and gently kissed my cheek.

"I'll be okay, Holly, I promise. But work is work; I have to go."

I nodded. I wanted to argue, but it was no use. He spatial jumped down to the living room, where Diego was watching the twins with Vanya, while Allison and Klaus decorated for the twins' second birthday. I jumped downstairs and spied on Five from the entryway of the living room.

"Dada!" Dolores squealed as he made his way over to the couch.

"Hey, Sweetheart," Five beamed, scooping her out of Vanya's arms.