11. Prelude To A Very Terrible Mistake- Five

•••

-"It's not working!" Diego cried, shaking his briefcase

-
"It's not working!" Diego cried, shaking his briefcase.

"Then leave it, we have to keep going!" I hissed. "Besides, we still have mine!"

"Why did we even bring this piece of shit anyway?"

"You heard Herb, it had to be tested! Now come on, we have to go!" I grabbed his arm and began pulling him away as fast as I could. Capone and his gang were hot on our trail. Diego threw the briefcase behind us and kept running. Finally, we slipped into an alleyway and escaped in my case.

•••

"Five? Is that you?" I heard Holly shout from kitchen.

"Yes Darling, I'm home," I rasped as loud as I could. I plunked myself down on the couch to catch my breath.

"Hey, Five, you okay?" Diego asked. I suddenly found myself unable to speak. I nodded. "Here," He said, "Drink some water."

I managed a sip, but it burned my throat, making me cough. The noise drew in my other siblings, who quickly came in to check on me.

"Shit, Five, are you okay?" Luther asked, kneeling beside me.

I nodded as I gasped for breath. My head was growing hot. My collar became too tight. Allison began taking action and loosened my tie. "Holly!" She shouted, "We need you!" Within the moment, Holly came running.

"What? What's happened?" She cried. I tried to reach out for her, but my hand felt like boulders. Holly sat next to me and began rapid-firing questions at Diego while assessing my physical state.

"This is too much," Holly muttered. "Far too much."

"Should-should I call an ambulance?" Vanya asked.

I shook my head no as my vision began to darken and it became harder to breathe.

"Five? Five, Honey, you need to stay with me!" Holly begged. "Look at me, Honey, keep going, I'm right here!" But it was too late. I succumbed to the black abyss and collapsed into Holly's arms.