14. Troublesome Twins- Holly

4 Years Later
•••

4 Years Later •••

-

"Have you started signing the twins up for school?" Alison asked over coffee.

I look over at Five, then back to Alison. "We haven't. Are there any good schools around that would accommodate them?" As I speak, the twins chase each other around the house in a game of spatial jump tag.

"I'm not sure, actually, especially since Claire doesn't have any powers and we-" Alison gestured to the rest of her siblings- "were homeschooled."

"Maybe you could try looking in the phone book," Vanya suggested.

"We could; but what if we don't find a place that does?" I asked, starting to get anxious over it.

"Then they'll have to go to a regular school, that won't be all bad."

"Didn't you go to a regular school?" Luther asked, raising his eyebrows.

I hadn't thought about that in decades. Memories of my mediocre school years came flooding back; the cliques,  the crappy lunches, and long days that just seemed to drag on.

"I did, and it was pure misery; I hated it."

"Maybe it'll be different for them. It's a different time, Hol," Alison said. "Claire goes to public school and she loves it."

I moved closer to Five. "What do you think, Honey?"

Five sighed and bit his lip, carefully considering the options. He was silent for longer than I could handle, and the suspense was making me anxious.

"Well?"

"Well, I think that it might be good for the kids to socialize with others their age while they learn. Not everything in life is going to happen within this house,"

"Shouldn't we ask what the twins think?" Klaus asked suddenly, leaning against the edge of the table. 

"If you can get them to stay still long enough to answer,"

"Hey, Dolly! Hazel! C'mere!"

The twins spatial jumped into the kitchen. 

"Yes, Uncle Klaus?" Dolores asked.

"What would you two think about going to school?"