8. Bundles of Joy- Holly

-

-

"Ah, Holiday, good to see you're awake. Your babies will be back in a moment," The Doctor said kindly.

"Where's my husband?" I croaked.

The Nurse smiled timidly. "In the waiting room. It seems he had quite the shock when he met the babies."

Oh boy. Is he mad? He's definitely mad if the nurse put it that way. Otherwise, wouldn't he be in here by now?

All of my questions were answered when everyone entered my room and crowded around my bed. I was shocked at the state Five was in.

Flanked by both Allison and Diego, he was a hot mess. He threw himself at my bedside and took my hands.

"Holly," He rasped. "Are you alright?"

I nodded. "Yes, Dear. I'm just a little tired."

He kissed me everywhere in response. My hand, all over my face, my neck, and my arms, each kiss soft but loving.

I took in his face; he looked no better than he had during the end of the world- pale as a ghost, terrible eye bags, hollow cheeks, and shaky hands- he looked terrible.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

Five shrugged. "Fine, just worried about you, Darling,"

I could tell he was lying, in addition to the theatrical gestures I received from his siblings behind him, likely acting out charades of the events that transpired in the waiting room.

The Nurse returned with the babies. One boy and one girl. It didn't take Five and I long to decide they were Hazel Elliot and Dolores Grace Hargreeves.

Allison, Vanya, Klaus, Luther, and Diego all fussed over the babies, taking turns holding them, arguing over which twin looks more like Five or I, and which was which. Five didn't leave my side the entire time.

•••

I spent two days in the hospital recovering. All of the Nurses that were in the nursery were impressed with  Hazel and Dolores.

"They didn't cry one bit," One Nurse said. "Slept soundly all through the night."

"You are real lucky, Hon; you got blessed with little angels," Another said.

I smiled broadly as each handed Five and I baby. "I'm so glad. That gives me at least a little hope for sleeping in,"

"I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch, Dear," Five chuckled as he placed Dolores in the old-fashioned baby carriage he'd brought from home.