The Draft

Cassie couldn't believe it. She was sitting next to so many prospects for the NFL and was one of them! She never expected to get here cause of the gender bearings on football. She wondered how many of them thought they were better than her or she didn't deserve to be there. She deserved it all right she worked her ass off. That thought went straight out of her head as all the Quarterback prospects were gathering to take a pre-draft  picture. She got up and walked over there where people like Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, Stood. She knew she'd be a later pick than them. Cassie stood to the right side of Zach Wilson for the picture and afterwards sat back down by the nearest phone. 10 minutes later Jacksonville was on the clock. Of course picking Trevor Lawrence. 14 more picks pass and most other Quarterbacks have been drafted and went home. She sat there determined. She played great for Clemson and her and Trevor rotated every other game. She felt it was unfair she couldn't play postseason but it was what it was. It was when The Kansas City Chiefs  went on the clock something unexpected happened, They drafted her. She almost screamed with Joy when the phone rang. She had done it. She was the first ever female in the NFL. And that was the beginning of the new Era.