Smoke The Field

Patrick and Cassie walk into the locker room and Cassie veers off to her section to change into her Yellow 13 jersey. while closing the curtain she catches eyes with Charles Watson. He was the key to protecting her but yet she hated him so much. She puts her pads and jersey on and heads out to the field. She doesn't see Mahomes in the hall so she assumes he went to the field. He is the only vet player here but that's cause he is the QB. When she is walking out onto the field she sees Patrick throwing to some of the rookies trying to moss each other. She laughs at the recent memory of her mossing Travis Kelce. She walks over to Mahomes who then gathers the offensive rookies together. "So what I've decided to bring one of my friends out, Mr Tyrann Mathieu to play with the defensive rookies and we are gonna have a little Offense Vs Defense game." Patrick announces as Tyrann walks out. "Miss Rogers will be playing QB though, she's as good as me so it's only fair for Tyrann to play with the defense" he explains. So everybody goes and lines up, Cassie starts yelling plays out "Windy 9, Windy 9, Set HUT!" And everybody takes and who is guarding her, Charles Watson, what did he do? Let the defensive player right through to hit Cassie. The defensive player wasn't expecting to get through and slammed Cassie down and hit her in the neck. She just laid there while the defensive man was still being aggressive afterwards, all of the sudden she hears Patrick literally screaming "GET YOUR FATASS OFF HER RIGHT NOW" she opens her eyes and he is sprinting across the field. "THR FUCK ARE YOU DOING BOY, YOU CANT COME DOWN ON SOMEBODYS NECK LIKE THAT MALE OR FEMALE YOU'LL KILL THEM" he continues to scream as he finally gets over there and drags him off Cassie. "And You" Patrick points at Watson. "Get off my field, you don't just stop trying so protect your QB, after watching that I don't want to trust you in protecting me let alone Cassie" Cassie stands up and watches Watson walk off the field. "I'll turn him into Coach Reid I promise Cassie" Patrick tells her. "That's enough Pat I'm ready to go again." Cassie says putting her helmet back on. "Cass are you sure you just got hit in the neck hard maybe you should sit for a minute" Patrick tries to convince her to sit on the bench but she just walks away strapping her helmet on tight. "Blue 82, Blue 82 Set HUT!" Cass calls out but instead of getting neck slammed she threw to one of the rookie Tight Ends who ran for a touchdown. This went back and forth until the practice was over. Patrick announced that next week the main practice with the entire team would start and if you wanted to be on the starting line you had to prove you deserved it. After Patrick finished talking everybody went back to the locker room and changed to go home, Cassie finished changing before Patrick somehow and waited outside the locker room for him. Something he usually does for her. When he comes out he looks a bit surprised and caught off guard. He joins her and they walk to her car. "So what's gonna happen to me Pat? Will I be your backup or will we switch every other game?" Cassie asked. "I'm not sure yet, id be fine with switching but it's up to Coach." Patrick responds trying not to hurt her feelings. "You know I was thinking, I really hate going home to an empty house so would you mind coming back to my place with me and hanging out, nothing crazy." He asked trying to not seem weird "I'd love to Pat, with no family in state it gets kind of depressing being alone" Cassie says, hoping maybe she can stay over night, she feels safer with a man in the house than being alone with no security. "Yeah and if you want you can stay I have a guest bedroom." Patrick says almost like he could read her mind. "I'd love that" she says, man he was really feeding into her little crush. She had to remind herself that she needed to be professional. They got in her car and headed to the bar to pick Patrick's truck up, and then follow him home. The bar was about a 15 minute drive from Arrowhead and with this traffic it was gonna be atleast 20 minutes. But who cares, Cassies new best friend was riding shotgun with her.