The Game pt 1

Patrick got back with food and fixed it for Cassie, making sure she stayed in bed resting, when it was done he brought two plates in, one for her and one for him. They carried small talk and when they finished eating Patrick carried the dishes out and sat them into the sink before walking back in and saying, "Would you like me to sleep in here with you or in the guest room? Your not moving to the guest room so don't even say you will." "Fine, I'd like to sleep alone if you don't mind" she responds. Patrick nods his head and closes the door and walks to the guest room. Cassie falls asleep and what seems like 10 minutes later gets woke up by Patrick, she looks at the clock to see it's 5 am. Patrick says "get up Cass it's game day!" Patrick is already dressed and full energy, "Pat the game isn't til Noon why are you up so early?" Cassie says pulling the covers over her face. Patrick pulls the cover off her and gets her up, "we have to do stuff before that, and we gotta look over playcalls and talk to coach, I think your playing after halftime and me before" Patrick says pulling her into the kitchen. "Pat did Charles Watson make the starting position?" Cassie ask remembering their argument. "Yes he did but I won't allow him to allow a sack on you" Pat says handing her a water bottle, "are you driving to the stadium or riding with me?" He says walking towards the door. "I'll drive" Cassie replied walking to the door and closing it behind her, then getting in her car heading to arrowhead. She got there before he did around 6 and went into the locker room where a few more players were just talking, Travis Kelce was in there and he walked over to her "What's up Cassie?" He says leaning against a locker. "Not much waiting for Patrick to get here to go over play calls" she says walking to her area of the locker room, Travis following her. "Sounds like a bunch of fun" he says, Cassie pulls the curtain open and throws a bag in there with her pads and jersey. "Yeah I'm nervous for the game, Rams have a good defense and I don't know if they'll try to hurt me since I'm a female." She says, Patrick walks in to the locker room and walks over to her and Travis and interrupts the conversation, "I don't mean to interrupt but we need to go over playcalls before the game." "Ok Pat, I'll be right there" she nods and says to Travis "I'll catch you on the field, I'm gonna throw a Touchdown to you" she insist and walks out to go to the Coaches Office and go over playcalls with Coach Reid and Patrick. When she gets in there she sits down and they start going over the playcalls, soon it's 11 and there heading to the locker room to get dressed. She goes to her area and puts her cleats, pads and jersey on before running out to the ramp waiting for the entrance. Soon Patrick comes out and heads to the front of the ramp to give his Pep Talk. "Give it everything you got! Don't be scared of them! Let them be scared of us!" He yells trying to hype everyone up and they do, the buzzer blows and everyone runs on field, the game starts and Patrick is playing, Cassie sits on the sideline watching plays and film. By halftime chiefs are down 10-14, Cassie knew she had to do good since she was starting for the second half. The team heads to the locker room and Patrick stands next to Cassie while Coach Reid gives the game plan for the second half, "Rogers will be playing in the second half, I expect the best from her, Now go out there and bring the victory home!" The team heads out of the locker room, Cassie is nervous and Patrick says "Don't be nervous, you got this!" She smiles and they head back out on the field. When the third quarter starts Cassie starts play calling and the crowd starts chanting from both fan sides "Go Cassie! Go Cassie!" That made her so happy, she calls out "Blue 89, Set Hut!" And the ball gets snapped and her first pass of her NFL career is a Touchdown to Travis Kelce from the Rams 40 yard line. She could hear Patrick yell from the sideline "That's how you do it Cass!" She smiles and runs off field to the sideline so the Special Teams can go out. She sits on the bench next to Patrick, "Stop trying to steal my job" He laughs and jokes with her. At the start of the 4th quarter the score is 17-17, one minute left and First down, Cassie yells out a play "Long 23 Long 23, Set Hut!" And almost immediately she took a sack from Aaron Donald, she gets up and mumbles to herself, "Fuck" and lines back up ready to take a snap, 56 seconds left, she calls a play and it's incomplete, third down, she hands it to Clyde Edwards Helaire, he gets no yardage. Chiefs call it in for a huddle and decide to go for it on fourth down, Cassie yells out a play "Danger 9, Danger 9, Set Hut!" And drops back like she's gonna throw and can't find anyone open, so she scrambles for the end zone, clock ticking down, the announcers start yelling "30,20,10, TOUCHDOWN CHIEFS!" Cassie spikes the ball in the end zone and the clock hits 0, she had won the game for the team, she goes off the field so Harrison Butker can kick the PAT, On the sideline everyone cheers for Cassie and Patrick gives her a hug, "You did it Cass" he says excited for her. When they head to the locker room everyone is still excited over the win and impressed with Cassie's Scramble touchdown for the win, she goes in her area and gets changed, when she opens to curtain the only person in the locker room was Patrick, "Oh hey what's up?" She said a little confused, "I just wanted to congratulate you" he says walking closer "there's something else I wanna say but I don't know how to" he says. "Just say it" she says. He walks over to her and kisses her. She doesn't pull away but when there done she looks at him and panics and runs out of the locker room with her bag, when he looks out the locker room door for her, she's gone.