A New Morning

When the two wake up the next morning at the alarm sound they both look at their phone. Cassie sees texts from her friends congratulating her on her new relationship with Patrick Mahomes. She was happy to be dating him but not happy that the world knew. She believed it was nobodies business who she decided to date. But unfortunately the luxury of people being clueless of her dating life was stripped away by her boyfriends best friend and teammate. She also looked at Instagram to see the numerous post by mainstream news sources and sports personalities reporting on her relationship. She had a message from Travis Kelce but instead of reading it she deleted it.
Patrick scrolled on his phone. He had the same message from Travis. The message read "Hey Pat I'm sorry about last night. I was wasted and didn't know right from wrong but that makes no excuse for doing what I did and breaking the promise I made to you and Cassie. I am truly sorry." Patrick thought about the response he would give. He was upset over the situation but not as much as Cassie was. Travis was basically his brother. They had done so much together and trusted each other with everything. He was gonna be upset with Travis for some time but didn't hate him. "Hey Cass how are you feeling?" Patrick asked Cassie, turning over to face her. He looked into her eyes, they were swollen from her crying the previous night over everything that had happened. "I'm ok Pat. I'll be ok." She says before Patrick got closer to her and kissed her forehead. "Todays a long day darling, you best get up." He says climbing out of bed and turning a light on. Cassie squinted her eyes at the bright light and didn't move. Patrick pulled the covers from the bottom of the bed and pulled them off her, forcing her to get up. After Cassie sleepily stumbles up to her feet she rubs her eyes and stretches her arms out with a big yawn. They both walk into the living room of Patricks house and look out the window facing the street. They see paparazzis cameras pointed towards the house. They couldn't do or say anything to them because they were on a public road and were not trespassing. If they called the cops the most that would happen would be the paparazzi getting a warning for videoing a home. They walked through the dimly lit living room that was only lit by the rising morning sun and into the kitchen. In an awkward silence Patrick made eggs for a quick breakfast while Cassie stood there, every so often looking out the front window at the four people standing on the street with their big flashy cameras. Once food was ready they ate in silence and prepared to head to Arrowhead. They walked as fast as they could across the living room since it was now brighter outside and the paparazzi could see in. As they walked across the large room they saw flashes from the cameras. Cassie tried to use her hand to block the camera view of her face, Patrick just looked down and walked. Once they were out of sight they went into Patrick's 4 car garage and got in his truck to leave. As they pulled out the people with the large cameras took hundreds of pictures. The couple tried to cover their faces as they drove past. Once on the main road where paparazzi wasn't standing taking pictures they rolled the window down and had small conversations about practice and talking to Coach when they got there. When they pulled up and parked at Arrowhead they began to walk in. Travis was coming into the building at the same time as Patrick and Cassie. Travis opened his mouth and was about to speak before Patrick silently motioned not to. Cassie ignored Travis's presence and walked into the building. Travis turned around and walked back to his car to make space between him and Cassie. When Patrick got in the building he said to her "Cass you can't be rude to him he's still on the same team as you and he's apologized to you" He says with an aggravated tone but not mean enough to hurt her feelings. "I can feel how I want to feel and act how I want to towards Travis. He broke the one promise he made to me." Cassie stops and turns around to face Patrick. "I'm not telling you not to be Travis's friend Patrick. But don't force me to be his buddy until I'm ready to reconcile." Patrick nodded his head and they continued walking to Andy Reid's office. They knock on the door and hear Andy's voice say "Come in you two."
Patrick opens the door and holds it open for Cassie. She walks in holding her head low and sits in a chair across from her coach. Patrick closes the door and sits down beside Cassie as well. Coach Reid takes a sip out of his coffee and finishes reading the newspaper he was reading before the two arrived. He looks up at Patrick then switches his gaze to Cassie. "I've heard you two are dating, is that true?" He says looking at them awaiting an answer. Cassie says "Yes" while Patrick just nods his head. "This is the first time in history this has ever been an issue and I've already been addressed by my higher ups that I need to address this" he says. "I have nothing against you two being a couple, I support you. However you know the owners of this franchise want nothing more than to win the Super Bowl and they don't want anything to get in the way of that goal. So they've told me that if either of you distract the other during practice, games, press conferences, things like that then one of you will need to be cut." He takes another sip of his coffee and takes a deep breathe and looks at Cassie. "Cassie I know your a hell of a player and have everything to prove in the league being the first female quarterback, but I've been told that your the one I have to cut in such a scenario. It's nothing to do with gender, it's the fact your a rookie and haven't proved yourself yet and Patrick has also won a Super Bowl with us. I've also been told to not allow you two in the locker room at the same time but you two are grown adults and know what not to do in the locker room. If the owners are in the building try not to be in there at the same time just so I don't get in trouble but otherwise just don't be stupid. That's all I have to say. Now go get ready for practice and be on the field in 20 minutes" Andy Reid looks back down at the newspaper and takes a sip of his coffee. Cassie and Patrick both say "Thank you coach." And walk out of the office and to the locker rooms.