-Overworking-

Some information about this au and me:

I am autistic. This is based off my experience/s with autism. I have been diagnosed by a specialist and have been for a few years now.

Once again

This is based off MY experience/s with autism.

Please do not self diagnose, every specialist will say this: "No two neurodivergent people will have the same difficulties".

The autistic spectrum is a grid that looks a little like this.

These are examples that are not made by me or belong to me

________

Tommy had recently been diagnosed with autism and had been zoning in and out of his own little world for a while, he hadn't told any of his friends yet. He was lying on his bed, zoned out while watching some old Minecraft videos by 'ItsFunneh' and 'DanTDM', then a notification drops down over the top of his screen, grabbing his attention.

Ranboo                           6:30pm

Hey Tommy

6:31pm                                 Me

Hey Ranboo

What's up?

Ranboo                  6:31pm

Nothing, Tubbo is busy rn n I have no one to talk to

6:32pm                                   Me

Too bad.

Tommy's phone then powered off, telling him his phone's battery died. Putting his phone on charge, he sat on his bed thinking about random things, for example : what time it was for Ranboo, which would be around 1:30pm, he then remember something embarrassing that happened about two years ago. This set off his anxiety, sending him into over-work mode to try and forget it. Over the next six or seven hours, he edited three and a half videos. It was now 1 O'clock in the morning (6:00 American time) and Tommy's phone lit up signifying that it was fully charged, he powered it on and saw two unread notifications, one was at 6:33 and was a picture of a meme. The other was 'just now', it said "Not expecting an answer until tomorrow but do you want to play Minecraft tomorrow???" both messages from Ranboo

Tommy opened the notification and replied ''sure what time?'' and got a reply almost instantly.

Ranboo

XX:XX pm your time?

What are you doing awake?

Shouldn't it be around 1am there?

Me

Yeah it is. 

And yes I can do that time but have to go somewhere at XX:XX 

I have just edited over 4 vids

Ranboo

Shouldn't you be sleeping??? 

Tommy read the last message and zoned out. Not realizing it, he was staring at a wall for three hours and when he woke up from his trance he looked at his computer screen that was the only thing illuminating his room. He squinted at the light, looking down at the corner of the screen reading the time, 4:15. What? Wasn't it just 1:10 a minute ago? Tommy picked up his phone that was lying on the table next to him. Looking at the light in front of him, he read about five to six unread messages on his "notifications" bar saying things like "Hello?", "U ok?" and "Tommy?" with five missed calls from Ranboo and two from Dream. Tommy texted Ranboo back "Yeah I'm fine, just thinking about something"

He then pressed the 'send' button and quickly wrote "Talk to you later" and clicked on Dream's profile seeing 4 unread messages saying "Tommy?", "are you ok?", "why aren't you lying?" "*Replying?". Messaging him back, Tommy wrote "Hey, sorry for not answering I was stuck in my own thoughts" before deleting ''thoughts'' and writing 'head', deciding on if he should send it or not, then sending it anyway.

Tommy got up and walked over to his bed, lying down forcing himself to sleep, he had things to do tomorrow.

_____________

Yes this is a part of my autism, overworking myself to forget embarrassing thoughts and zoning out for hours at a time.

640 words