Chapter 16

I slughishly walk down the steps. We were all up late last night, playing Beyblades. Someway somehow, I make it to the bottom of the stairs. Exhausted, my body leans onto the black railing. After a minute, I continue my trek to the kitchen. The fridge in sight, my pace speads up. FOOOOOD! The frigde door opens slowly, furthering my anticipation for some nourishment.

And!.. the fridge is empty. litteraly the only thing in there is milk. Yuck! I guess we'll have to go to the store today. With that in mind, I rush back upstairs to the room I slept in. A body is on one side, the other one empty, only crinkled blankets, evidence that someone else slept there. I jump on the bed and start shaking the body. He rolls over and sleepily says, "Mmmhm, what? Where's the fire?"

"Well I hope that if there was a fire you'd be a lil' more alarmed Drake!"

He sits up as gracefully as a third trimester pregnant woman and goes on while I just sit criss cross and amusedly watch him, "What?!? I'm totally alarmed. Alarmed is my middle name."

"Oh, is it really? Drake Alarmed Henning? Where did Drakestopher come from then, huh? Just some random ass thang you made up?" I finally look at him, like actually look at him. D'awwww! Okay maybe not cute to some, but his hair is sticking up in a million different directions and he has sleepy eyes that he keeps on adorably rubbing and there's a little bit of dry drool on the corner of his mouth, and just, d'awwwww. "So, there's kind of no food to eat and we need to go to the store, but we can take the boys!"

"Alright..." He looks at me and then goes back into a laying position. Oh no you don't!

"But Drakeeee. Lets go nowww." At my whining, he rolls over a bit, wraps his arms around my waist, and pushes me down, his body laying over mine.

"Rude."

"Nope." He cockily responds, popping the 'p'.

"Okay this is fun..." I say, lying there awkwardly.

"Mmmhh. Yes, just like when we first met. Me tackling you, while you completey fangirl."

"Hey! Now that was rude. Plus, if you're going to try to insult me, at least have your facts straight. I still fangirl over you."

I'm walking beside Drake, who is pushing a cart.

"Boys! Don't touch that." I whisper yell as they go to touch girls fox tail. She turns around, obviously hearing my terrible whispering skills.

"Rinn?"

"Uh, hi?"

"Oh! It's Carly! How are you?"

"CARLY! I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE YOU!"

"Nah, It's fine. I look a little different than I did in freshman year, huh." You see, Carly moved away the summer before Sophmore year. I don't know the exact details, but I guess something tragic happened and she couldn't handle it here anymore. She looks good. This is around the time I notice that somebody is with her. He looks familiar. I can't quite figure out where I know him from, though.

My cheeks flame up, "Goodness, how rude am I! This," I throw my thumbs in Drakes direction and wiggle my eyebrows, "is Drake."

"What! NO! How do you two know each other?" she says excitedly, her voice rising with every word.

"Well, I sort of moved outta here the first chance I got, then we sort of just ran into each other." My eyes meet Drake and we both smile at each other. The guy behing Carly nudges her shoulder as if to say 'lets go'.

"Oh! How silly of me! This is my friend Griffin." Recognition dawns on me and I get the urge to flee. I make the universal surfer dude handsign, put my thumb against my forehead and pull it back, looking at Drake frantically. He doesn't seem to get my plea for help, and shakes Griffins hand. Oh gawwd. This can NOT be happening.

I sigh, "Well, it was nice seeing you Griffin," I shake my head and my bangs cover my face. I mumble, "Always a pleasure."

Carly contorts into one of confusion, then recognition dawn on her, "Wait, you guys know each other?"

"Unfortunately." "Yes." Griffin and I say at the same time. "We've gotta head out, the little munchkins are gettin a lil' hungry. It was nice seeing you Carly. Later Griff." She goes to ask us something, probably to stay, but stops herself.

"Yeah, bye."

We're sitting in the car. My forehead is glued to the steering wheel. I see Drake in my peripheral vision. He keeps stealing glances at me. He turns in his chair a bit, I know something, anything is coming. I try to mentally prepare myself for what is to come, but boy do I feel like I've gotten hit by a bus when he finally asks his question I know has been eating at him.

"So, was he like, your boyfriend or something."

"Oh, God no."

"Then... who was he."

I sigh. UGH! I really don't feel like telling the tales of loser 15 year old Rinn. "Can we just drop this for now?"

Drake P.O.V.

Did that used to be her boyfriend? If not, then who was he? I mean, she told me he wasn't her boyfriend, but... I dunno it kinda looked like they were a something and that there were feelings involved. Wait, am I... jealous? No, that would require me to have feelings other than friendly ones towards her. Do I? I-

"Draaaake. Did you hear anything I just saaaid?" Whines Azreal.

"Sorry bud, I was just thinking, you think you could say it again?" Azreal doesn't mind, and soon we're ingaged in a very interesting conversation about the new Destiny game.

Rinn P.O.V.

I'm getting ready for bed, when there's a knock at the door.

"Hold on, just a minute!" I yell towards the door as I pull up my sleep shorts. "Okay, come on in." Drake walks in. He looks sleepy. It's kind of sexy. Wait, what? No! I can not be thinking these things! "Is there anything in particular that you needed Drakey-poo?"

"Yeah, there was." He says in a no nonsense tone, but I see a small glimmer of humor from him at the nickname. Before I know it he quickly comes forward, puts a hand behind my seemingly fragile head, and crushes his lips to mine.

Authors Note!

Damn. Now I don't know about you, but I did NOT see this one commin'!

I'm quirky as fuck, get over it. OH! Alsoooo, I have a question! I like doing these question things, it's so nice to hear from you guys, you're so sweet. Right, the question! Okay, so I was wondering if we should cast somebody as Rinnnnn... I haven't really wanted to because I kind of wanted you to imagine her as whoever you wanted (which you totally still can if we actually do this!). I just kind of imagine her as myself. Ughhhh.

Anyway, who the hell is this Griffin dude? And what are your thoughts on the ending? Now THAT one was completely spontaneous. Also, I'm sorry I didn't write that much for Drakes point of view. I really just don't know what to write for him, 'cause well, he's a dude, and I'm kind of a girl, and I don't know how guys think... Okay maybe some, but not Drake.

Bloogity Blahhhhh!

Thanks for reading you awesome people!