Chapter 4

We walk up to our appartment complex's main doors. Drake decides to be a gentleman and open one of the double doors for me. I didn't realize this until too late, because as my hand is reaching out for the handle the door is already swinging open and it hits me in the forehead. Ouch! Drake props open the door with his foot and reaches out to inspect my already forming goose egg. I think to myself how ugly thats going to look in the morning. As his fingertip touches it I feel a bit of pain, my eyes squint from it and I cower back a little. Why do I have to be so ditsy? I was too busy staring at the silly boy with the big blue animal hat. 

        "Rinn! I'm so sorry I -"

        "It's okay, it was my own fault."

He looks down at the ground, I can tell he feels like shit.

        "Hey, do you have any ice? I don't have any at the moment. Heck! I don't even have a frigde."

        "Oh! Yeah! Come on up to my place and I'll spot you some neighbor." He replies gently elbowing me.

        "Thanks! I appreciate it."

We step onto the elevator and it gets quiet. I start humming to the music and swaying awkwardly. The tension in the air is making me nervous. He looks up at me and smiles. Its so genuine, now I remember why I fell in love with him. Now, at this moment in time, I think I'm falling for him again. Only this time, its harder and faster. The elevator doors open and reality sinks in. Drake could never like me back, want me, or anything of the sort. He's so much older and I'm just his nobody neighbor that he's being nice to, because Drake is nice to everybody. It hits me like a ton of bricks when he unlocks his apartment door and opens it up. The first thing I see is him and his girlfriend Lauren smiling back at me in a picture in the wall.

A/N:

So, I know I haven't updated in a while, and I'm sorry. I've missed writing. I wish I could say I was doing something productive in the week and a half I've been gone, but that would be lying, and nobody likes liars. Something exciting happened to me though, I went to Warped Tour! It was soooo fun! I got to meet Timmy from 7MIH and I pretty much just stared at him and shook while my brother made awkward conversation with him. Maybe next year I won't be such a pussy! Always hope! Anyway, for some reason I have this weird obsession with cheesy romance stories on here, and thats what I've been doing all this time, sitting in bed being depressed and reading. Also, as I was writing this I had my playlist on YouTube on and CatchingYourCouds kept coming on... awkward... I rocked out though! Okay, well I'm going to stop my rambling right there because you either aren't reading this or just don't care. I just had to get it out.

Haha well thank you for reading! I know this was short, but I should update again soon. It's not like I have anything better to do except nothing

Vote! Comment! All that fun shit!