Chapter 12

I reach up above the stove to grab the spaghetti noodles for dinner. Drake is standing besiide me, turning on the stove to boil some water. My sleeve rides up, my wrists are exposed. Before I can fix it, Drake see's and grabs my hands. He pushes up the long sleeve of my plain white shirt and holds my hands in his. I feel so exposed, ashamed. I look anywhere but him.

"Rinn?"

I stand still and ignore him. Tears are begining to form in my eyes. He grabs my chin and makes me look at him. Tears are now streaming down my porcelain face. "Yes?"

"When did you do this, and why?" His voice is full of concern, which makes the tears flow harder. I sniff and try to explain.

"Wh- Well..."

"It's okay, just tell me." Drake wipes away the tears. I meet his gaze and start in on my story.

"Well, I first did it in middle school. I just felt so alone. I would get really sad for no reason, and well... I, I haven't done it since. I'm okay now." He embraces me in a warm hug, it feels so safe. Nothing can harm me while I'm like this, not even myself.

"Promise me you won't ever do it again, please? You have so much to live for. And... You're my best friend..."

"You're my best friend too." I hug him deeply, kiss him on the cheek, and get started back on dinner.

"DRAKE! I HAVE A WONDERFUL IDEA!"

"Goodness! Quit screaming woman! Spit it out!"

"I can get rid of my bed, and we can get bunk beds!"

"Fine, but I'm on top." (If you get this reference I love you.) He says with a completely straight face.

"Yay! It'll be so fun! We can build forts and sleep in the same room, and we can switch so both of us can have top bunk!"

"Wait, why would we want to sleep in the same room?"

"Well, uh, its kind of really embarassing, but I have a huge fear of being alone. Like, when I lived with my mom I always slept with the door open and always tucked myself in really well so monsters couldn't get me."

"Monsters, really? How old are you?"

"Ha ha, *whispers* wait until the Boogeyman gets you. You won't be laughing then."

"Because thats going to happen..."

"Hey, like you should be talking you're scared of the dark."

"Thats a very plausible thing to be scared of!"

"Mmhmm..."

A/N:

^ okay that means authors note... riiiight?

Haha my friend's over and instead of hanging out with her I'm writing this... Love ya Nicoleee. Aha I just started a new account on here and it's just a bunch of stupid stories I made up in like ten minutes... I mean I thought it was funny. If you want to read that or add to it for some reason message me. Maybe we can make it something big and cool that everybody just adds to. I dunno tho, maybe not. I should probably change the name on it though because WARNING its kinda offensive... I mean maybe it depends