Chapter 7

I walk back into the living room with brushed hair, a washed face, and a fresh t-shirt. Drake is sitting at my table, eating cereal.

"Ew why would you get the healthy kind! I think my brother bought that for me as a joke like last year!"

        Drake jumps and immediately drops the spoon back into the bowl and splutters out the remaining cereal from his mouth. It drips down his chin and I giggle. He scowls at me, and then begins to wipe at it with his shirt sleeve.

        "Well damn, thanks Rinn I really, truly love being yelled at for my cereal preferences at 10 o'clock in the morning." he replies sarcastically. I ignore it and open up my cabinet to reveal a plethora of cereal flavors and decide on fruity pebbles. We eat our cereal in comfortable silence as the sun rises and fills the room with an orange glow. Drake heads home after we eat. I choose to forget that we SLEPT TOGETHER, on accident, and that we woke up spooning. I just really hope that I didn't hit him in my sleep or roll over constantly like I tend to do. It's a bad habit of mine and that would be severely embarrassing.

I hear fighting upstairs that afternoon. Hoping I didn't fuck anything up I decide to take out the trash. Needing the exercise, I take the stairs (because taking the stairs once is going to make you fit) instead of the elevator. The beautiful California sun is setting, the light streaming in from the window at the bottom of the stairs. I stand there like an idiot and bask in the warmth for a moment. Hearing angry tapping on the steps near me, I spin around. There's Drake, trash-bag in hand with an aggravated scowl on his face (it's quite cute). When he spots me his face softens and his eyes light up. We hold up our bags in unison as if to say cheers, then laugh at our silliness.

        "Hey, is everything okay?"

        "Yeah! Why wouldn't it be?"

        "Drake." I give him a stern look, telling him to just spit it out.

        "What?" he questions me with fake confusedness (is that even a word? okay whatever, it is now).

        "I heard some not so loving voices coming from your apartment, spill boy."

        "Well, it's just," he struggles to get out, "Lauren is kind of mad that I spent the night with you, a girl..."

        "Oh," I respond, dread clawing at my belly.

        "Yeah, so... you come here often?"

        "Hah! Taking out the trash? Yes Drake, I come here often. And, I'm sorry you're fighting. Ugh! this is ALL my fault."

        "Hey, don't sweat it. It was partially my fault too, anyway."

It turns out Lauren and Drake don't have quite the perfect relatioship that I once thought. In fact, its far from it. They fight a lot, for exampe, the other day Lauren let him have it because he accidentally bought 1% milk instead of two. Lauren has changed, and not for the better. The woman he once loved was just hiding how much of an insecure child she was until they moved in together. She's not the woman he thought she was whom he had fallen in love with when he was 22.

Authors Note:

Okay, so this is the second time I've written this, and let me just say its a pain in the ass. Writing on your ipod is a bitch. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry, I've been gone for so long. I just stopped caring about everything for a long time and didn't want to do anything with my life. Thank you so much to the people who commented and voted, because that gave me the extra shove to just fucking write this chapter. Its been about a month I think and the amount of reads on this has almost tripled which absolutey astounds me. 

Anyway, thank you for reading. :D Make sure to do lots of parkour and pretend you're a ninja with your imaginary friends. Also, vote and shit so I know you're there. 

~(o_o~) 

---Callieeeeee