Chapter 2

(three weeks later)

        I really love this California weather. I love the people, the atmosphere. Unpacking the last of my boxes I contemplate what to do for the day. Watch Soul Eater for the hundreth time or go fill out job applications. I might as well go ahead and get a head start. 

        I leave my rundown apartment, heading straight to the mall, which just so happens to be two blocks from my house. Good, not owning a car and all, this could be perfect. I immediately regret my decision to wear my torn black jeans and Mayday Parade shirt. Both being black and the summer sun shining down on me makes this trek pretty freaking sweat dreanchingly hot. 

        I come up to an intersection and press the button to cross the busy street. The walking man pops up on the screen, so I start walking just as a car starts turing into the lane I'm in. Fuck. Maybe I should've looked and taken out my headphones before crossing. The last thing I hear is Jeremy sing,"I said I'd never let you go, and I never did!" before being tackled out of the lane by someone. 

        We land on the sidewalk. My heart is racing with the thought of what would've happened if I hadn't been pushed out of the way. Somehow the situation gets worse as i turn around to see my savior. I'd know that crazy blue animal hat anywhere. Deciding to play it cool I thank the one and only Drake Christopher.

        He smiles and says in that cute voice of his, "Your welcome". Drake stands up and offers me a hand. I gratefully take it. We're walking in the same direction, so I decide to introduce myself, "Uh, hi I'm Rinn."

"Drake"

"I know." I respond quickly, then mentally facepalm. 

"Really?", he responds, sounding intrigued.

"Uhm, yeah. Well thanks for saving my life! See-Yah!" At this I wave and start to rush on towards the mall.

"Wait, Rinn, was it?"

"Yes?"

"Would you mind walking with me? It seems we're going in the same direction. Where're ya' headed?" 

"The mall, am I going the right way?" My self-consciousness rears its ugly head, you can never be toooooo sure, even if you were there yesterday. 

"Haha sweet! I'm going there too, maybe we could hang out for a little while. Are you new in town?"

"Yeah I just moved her, new beginings and all, college really wasn't my thing so I skipped."

"Where ya livin'?"

"Oh, um," I glance at my toes, the back at him innocently, "Ashleys Place over by Walmart?"

"No way!" 

"Yes way!"

"I live there too!"

"Oh my goodness thats so cool! I know somebody now! What floor?" My inner fangirl finally shows itself. I hope he doesn't notice.

"Third!" he says in a sort of sarcastically happy voice.

"Are you kidding me! You're that loud person above me always stomping around and playing really loud guitar!?!"

"Well, yeah, I guess, if thats how you want to describe me" he says in a playfully hurt tone.

"Wow, I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude, its just that this is all so crazy. Like, my favorite person in the whole world saving me from getting hit by and asshole trucker, and then I figure out he lives right above me."

"Wow, when you say it like that. Haha and favorite person?"

"Oh, well... yeah I sort of found you on YouTube when i was like 13 and started obsessing over you majorly. But, its not like that anymore, I sort of grew up and forgot about you. I mean when I was 13 I wanted to move out here to meet you. the wanting to move out here never changed, I just forgot the reason why I wanted to so badly."

A/N:

        Hello! I just wanted to tell you that there are probably a bunch of grammatical errors in this story. I'm a HUGE grammar whore, so please feel free to comment and correct me. Also, I'm quite bad at these authors notes and am not too sure on what to include. Maybe I'll figure it out later. Anyway, thank you for reading my story! I really appreciate it. :D