94. rebuilding

The sun shone through the wind shield, basking me in warmth as I settled further into the seat. My eyes caught on the ring on my left hand, it seeming to shine just a bit brighter these past few days.

Three days ago Bellamy became my husband. And while marriage didn't mean what it used to hundreds of years ago, it still meant something to the two of us.

It had been a joyful celebration which included all of our best friends...what else could we ask for?

"You keep staring at your ring." Bellamy spoke from the driver's seat of the Rover, his eyes dancing between the road and myself.

Two days ago, the group of us had begun our task at building a home here. We had set our to scavenge all we could from Polis, and much to our luck, we had found a Rover that had still been operational.

Yesterday had been spent gathering supplies from the surrounding area. Today, it was decided that Bellamy and I would head back to where Arkadia and the Dropship had been. We weren't sure what we were going to find, but we were hoping there were at least some usable parts.

The idea had been thrown around to move into the bunker, head back to Sanctum or to try our luck at moving out to Becca's lab...but we had all decided that we needed a fresh start- here, on Earth.

Smiling, I turned to Bellamy, holding the ring out in front of me slightly. "It just looks so much prettier now that we're officially married." I mused, my face giddy as I smiled over at my husband.

Bellamy grinned, reaching out to take my hand in his own. He pulled it toward him, pressing his lips to my knuckles. "Being my wife looks good on you."

I laughed, striking a pose as Bellamy refocused on the road. "You know..." he drawled, releasing my hand. "We haven't had any alone time since we got married."

My brows shot up at I glanced over at him with an amused look. "What are you insinuating, Bell?"

Of course I knew full well what he was trying to hint at, but could I really be true to myself if I didn't bug him just a little?

His eyes flickered toward me, quickly scanning my body. "I think you know."

A menacing smile came to my face as I crossed my arms over my chest. "We have a job to do, loverboy. It's going to have to wait."

Bellamy scowled at me as refocused on the road. "You're not being a very good wife."

I waved him off. "Divorce me then."

He let out a laugh, causing me to do the same as the Rover continued to trek through the overgrown forest.

The past few days- despite all the hard work- had been bliss. I was more than happy with the decision I had made against Transcendence. This is exactly where I wanted to be.

"Damn it." Bellamy muttered, slowing the Rover down. "There's barely anything left."

Leaning forward, I looked out the wind shield as Bellamy brought the vehicle to a stop in front of what used to be Arkadia. "Guess the two world destructions really took a toll on the old girl."

Bellamy shot me a look as he reached across to undo his seatbelt. "Let's go take a look. Maybe there's something we can find."

I sighed, pulling myself out of the Rover and following after Bellamy who was making his way toward the skeleton of what used to be our home.

As if an automatic impulse, Bellamy reached for my hand, lacing the two of ours together. "We could use the scrap metal for the houses." he suggested, nodding to the pieces of the Ark that littered the ground.