ᥫ᭡.│Prologue

Nine Hours After:

Nine Hours After:

I couldn't hear him anymore.

All the promises and memories fade away.

The lies and betrayal replacing all of it.

"Aylee?"

"Are you hearing what I'm saying?"

I didn't let him see me cry.

Never show your enemy you are weak.

"I think you should leave," I said already opening the door and not bothering to look at him.

"Aylee—" I cut him off when I turned to face him and stood tall in front of him, "No. There's nothing you can say that will change my mind. You slept with her. It's okay, but we're over. Whatever we had? It's done. Now get out."

Darien stared at me with those beautiful blue eyes I once thought would never dare hurt me.

I was wrong.

"She said to get out."

My head snapped over to my brother and his best friend Arius.

They're both glaring at Darien but there is more anger in Arius's eyes.

Darien slept with his on-and-off girlfriend Kadie.

He should be as angry as I am.

Darien took one last look at me before he left.

Both Arius and my brother looked at me with pity. They're acting as if Arius also didn't get his heartbroken.

"So, you two going to keep standing there or take me out to a party where I can get shit-faced?"

My brother snorted and Arius gave me an impressed look.

"Sounds good to me."

"I'll get the car keys."

They both left and I sucked in a breath pushing down everything I'm feeling.

Well, that was sure a bust.

It's a good thing I'm smarter now.

No boy will ever get close to my heart again as Darien did.

I'll make sure of it.