ᥫ᭡.│She Wishes She Was Me

Song: Don't Come Back

By: Tate McRae 

Dedicated to: My coworker Jo who had a rough day at work. 

"You have to get out of bed sooner or later, Aylee

"You have to get out of bed sooner or later, Aylee."

Not this again, please.

I throw the covers over my head and tell my mom to leave me alone.

Weight shifts on the corner of my bed and I feel my mom pull on my legs.

"I know your breakup with Darien sucks but you need to try moving on, my love."

My heart becomes heavy when the scene of finding Darien with Kadie plays in my head. It's been an ongoing memory I can't get rid of.

The worst part? I can't even call it a breakup.

We were never dating and why the hell does this hurt so much worse than an actual breakup?

I regret everything and I want to stay in bed for the rest of my life.

"Is she still not budging?" I hear my dad's voice as he comes inside my room.

"I seriously wish you'd guys just leave me here to rot." I groan out from the blankets and then hear my brother suddenly say, "I'd be happy to."

"Niko." My mom warns and his laughter is enough to make me pull off the covers from my face.

I stick my tongue out at him as he does the same.

"Mencia said she'll pick you up today for school. So, get up and get ready." My mom claps her hands together before completely pulling off the covers from me.

"Fine, fine. But if I end up coming home early? I don't want to hear a peep." I wave my finger at them and my dad snorts, "If you come home early you'll be grounded."