Chapter 11: THE FAIR

11. THE FAIR 11.

***
Today is the start of our school fair. Our fair usually lasts for a week and it's last day would be the dance. The juniors and seniors are in-charge of the booths, while the council would be in-charge of the program, the dance, and other decorations. The Red seniors made a horror booth, the Yellow seniors created a wedding booth, while the Blue made a movie booth. The juniors were more creative than the seniors. The Blue created a Cosplay Cafe, the Yellow built a second hand shop, while we, the Red section made a Fortune Teller Booth. Of course we hired some professional psychics.

The section who would be able to raise more money would win entrance tickets to a famous theme park during our school break.

"We should definitely win! Jessie goes outside and attracts some students, " Lyra commanded.
"Angel, can you go with me?" Jessie asked me.
"Sure!"

We're in our last week of August now. I can't believe how fast it is. Of course, Jessie and I have been closer. I always go with her and help her whenever she needs me. That's all I can after getting her in trouble. While Jessie and I were being close, D and I were going far from each other. We haven't talked since I handed her the phone. Gio had been talking to me a lot in school. He even calls me during weekends. And Dan, we'd been closer too. He now smiles at me whenever he sees me. I don't know If he still remembers the question he asked me in his sister's cafe or the question that I asked him after. I like what we have at the moment but I couldn't ignore the fact that Jessie is still his girlfriend. This is not right.

"Hey Jessie, it's our break time now? Let's see what others are doing." I told her.
"Sure. That'll be fun!" she smiled.

We first went to the junior Yellows since Jessie have a lot of old classmates there.

"Angel, you want to buy something?" Gio asked me.
"Well, let's see." I looked at the accessories on the table. "I would like to buy that red headband!"
"Sure!" he put the headband in a paper bag and gave it to me.
"How much is it?"
"It's free!"
"Do you want to lose and be killed by your classmate Gio Alvarez?"
"Don't worry. I will pay for it!" He winked.
"No, I can't accept it."
"Why not? Just see it as a friendship gift from me!" Then he smiled at me.
"Thanks!" I smiled too.

This might not be a good place to talk to Gio. A lot of girls are looking fierce at me now.

"I second thought, I might be the one who'll get killed here."

Gio looked confused but he managed to get it when he saw the angry girls looking at me.

"Hey you! Stop flirting with our Gio!!" a sophomore girl shouted at me.
"Yeah!!!! You flirt!!" another girl added.
"Wait, I'm not flirting with him!" I explained.
"No, Angel, don't explain to them.
Wait for me."
"Where are you going?" I asked him but he didn't answer.
"What's up with you two?" Jessie asked me.
"Nothing! It's just a misunderstanding!"
"Come on! Let's go to Dan's booth."
"But!"

She didn't listen as well. She just grabbed my hand and went to Blue's booth.

Everyone looked different. I saw D in a maid costume, while Mina is wearing a Sailor Moon costume. D and I gazed at each other, and there was a bit of awkwardness in the air. She acted like she does know me and went back to serving her customers. I felt sad, but I'm with Jessie, back to acting.

"They all look so cute!"
"I agree! Look at Dan's costume!" Jessie told me

Dan is on a Ninja Costume. He looks so cute too! He's so good looking. I may have started for him for too long. He looked towards my direction. Or she just saw Jessie waving on him.

"Why are you spying here?" Dan asked us.
"No, we're not! I just want to see you Dan!" Jessie explained.

Well, you may say we instead of I.

"I see! Aren't you busy in your own booth? You even brought Angel here!"
"Well, I just thought that you would also want to see me." Jessie answered.
"I'm busy here! You should go!" He said on a very unfriendly note.

I can't believe that Dan uses those tones to Jessie. I thought he liked her. Jessie I thought you're strong, but why are you acting like a weak one now?

Jessie held my hands and decided to leave. "I'm sorry, Angel let's go!"
"Dan! You shouldn't be like that to your..... girlfriend!" and I even managed to say it.
"Angel, let's go!" Jessie stopped me.
"You should not let him act in front of you like that Jessie!" I told her.
"The hell you care! You should not interfere in other people's relationships!" Dan told me with his authoritative voice, his deep eyes on mine. It's like he's trying to say something more. Dan don't stare at me like in front of your girlfriend.
"Then stop meddling with mine!" I screamed.

I didn't notice that we're getting much attention, everyone is looking at us now. But it all stops when someone on the Marriage Booth announces something on the school speakers.

"This is Gio Alvarez of Junior Yellow and I would like to marry the girl I like, Miss Angela Montecillo!"

Everyone paused and looked at me. The heartthrob of the school m, Gio Alvarez likes me? Dan looked at me surprised from what he heard. He held my hand and asked me.

"Are you going to marry him?"

I look at Jessie's shocked expression while Dan seriously asks me those questions. What is Dan doing? Acting like that in front of Jessie. Why? I owe Jessie a lot, and if there's anything that I can do to pay her, I will do it. For now, I think I should stop messing up her life and to do it, I should give up my feelings for a while. I let go of Dan's hand and said those words I wish to say just for him.

"Yes, I'll marry him!"
***

What do you think of this new added chapter? Let me know by clicking the comment below. 😘