Chapter 16: ONE LAST HUG

16. ONE LAST HUG 16.

I was called the Devil, the Trouble Maker, the Mean Girl and so on by everyone in school. I can't blame them though it was hurtful. I was the talk of everyone. Whenever I walk in front of them I can hear gossip, whispers, and crappy things about me. I was kicked out of the soccer and judo team. Jessie stopped talking to me, and her friendship with Mina and Tricia returned. Dan kept on finding a way to talk or to confront me but I always managed to find a way to hide and slipped away. I just couldn't face him right now.

"Are you alright?" D asked me during lunch.
"Well, yes I am! I feel happy! My conscience is free!"
"Even though you're hated by everyone?"

Define everyone. It means all the students in the entire St. James High. The juniors hated me because I was the reason that our class went shuffled and I did it on purpose. The others, because they knew I rejected Gio and they all thought that I felt so proud of myself for doing it. Gio is really something here in our school and that gossip, I think that the sophomore girl made it. The worst talk about me was, I, being the reason why Jessie and Dan broke up. At least, I know that's pure gossip! Jessie broke up with Dan not because of me, but because she deserves to be loved back, and Dan cannot give it to her.

"At least, one of my wishes came true!"
"What is it?"
"I asked you before, how can I be known in the school right? See? I'm popular now!" I joked.
"Way popular... in a bad way though."
"I can take it! I deserve it all!"
"I can see that you're a strong person now in and out Gel! Good for you!"
"Thanks D!"

We talked, laughed, and shared silly conversations with each other like we did before. I finally got my best friend back. I'm so happy. We walked into the hallways until we reached her classroom.

"See you later D!" I waved goodbye.
"Sure!"

I was about to return home when I saw Gio. It looks like he's waiting for me.

"Hey there trouble maker!" Gio smiled.
"Hi.... Gio! I thought you're mad at me"
"I'm not mad, I'm just a little upset!"
"Then, why are you talking to me?" I asked.
"Because I miss you Angel!" I can feel the sincerity in his voice.
"Gio, to tell you the truth, I miss you too. I miss our laughs and our sunny conversation every time we talk to each other. I miss you, being my close friend."
"I may not be what's inside your heart, but you're always in mine. But if friends would just be you and me, so be it. I understand."
"Gio, you're really a romantic type of guy. I can see why all the girls here want to be with you and why they're trying to kill me now!"
"Well that's true, except for you though! Do you remember the girl that I danced with during the dance?"
"The girl who shouted I'm a flirt during the fair? Of course I remember her! She's the one responsible for all the gossip about me here."
"I think so too, so I came to her room, talked to her and asked her myself. Turns out, she's really her. Her name is Angela, and she admitted that she likes me because I saved her once from danger."
"Angela?" Looks like we have a lot in common. "Gio, you should give her a chance! Get to know her more."
"Really? Why?" He asked with curiosity.
"Because I see a little bit of myself from that girl." I explained.

Silence came, and I felt a little bit of awkwardness between us. Gio tried to hold my hand and I let him. At least I should give him my hand. I knew that it would be hard for him and I felt so sorry.

"So I see you're migrating in November!" he started to ask me.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you! Well I never told it to anyone honestly."
"What about Dan?"

I was kinda surprised when he asked about it. He is still Dan's friend after all, he's maybe concerned about Dan's feelings. I have been trying my best to hide from him, I don't have the courage to face him after all the crazy things that I have done just to get his attention. Thinking about it makes me feel so shameful and stupid. But my feelings for him still never change. He's still the one. But..

"I would never tell him about what I feel. It would just be too hard for the both of us if he happened to know it. And for sure Jessie will never forgive me for it." I answered.
"From what I know, Dan had spoken with Jessie. He apologised to her for all the hurt he caused, and that he's been in love with the same girl for the pass years. I mean, he really tried to be the best boyfriend to Jessie, and he did gave Jessie the chance to become his girlfriend, despite his feelings for someone else. However, when he became closer to you, things just got harder for him." Gio explained
"Are you saying...."
"I'm saying, you should tell him what you're feeling because I believe he deserves to know the truth!"

The bell rang, indicating that we should both get back to our class now, but before we went our own ways, Gio requested something.

"Angel, can I at least get a hug!"

I was shocked about it, but I instantly smiled. I will never forget Gio. The boy who once made me feel that I'm worth loving.

"Of course Gio." and he hugged me tightly for a second or more and whispered at me.

"If you ask me, I would never want to let go!"