Chapter 6: FAVORS

6. FAVORS 6.

***

Another day of lies for me. I tried to befriend Jessie by greeting her first this morning. We ate lunch together and talked about small stuff, about studies and even the shuffling of our class. Of course I did not tell her about what D and I did to her friends. She's really disappointed in being separated from her friends. She talks about them most of the time. She rarely talks about herself. The only thing that I knew was, she eats double of what I eat. She's really not anorexic at all. I should not believe people's gossip in the first place. What I also noticed is that she doesn't speak of Dan. That made me more curious.

We returned early to the classroom after our break. I was starting to forget that I'm just acting when someone knocked at the door of our classroom. It's Dan. And the conversation that we had at the Gym just flashed back in my mind. I fully remember everything, especially when he told me that he likes me. Those words ran in my mind over and over during the entire weekend. He said he likes me. Probably for my coolness and the way I acted that Saturday. He likes me. For pretending that I don't like him. I should join the Drama Club. I convince people that easy. But still it made me smile.

I also realized that he is not looking for me. He's looking for Jessie. I pretended to not see him and ignored him but Jessie surprisingly grabbed my hand.

"Come Angel. I'll introduce you to my boyfriend."

"That's not really necessary Jessie." I protested,

"Come on." she still insisted.

Can I say no? I hate it. It really feels so awkward to be with them both. I don't want to hear anything that they're going to talk about.

"Hi Dan. How was lunch?" Jessie greeted him.

"Great." Then he looked at me. He kinda looked really shocked and annoyed. Jessie might have noticed it so she started to introduce me to him.

"Oh! Dan, this is Angel! My new friend. Angel this is Dan my...." Dan interrupted her.

"I know her."

"Me too." I agreed.

Jessie looked at both of us curiously. Before she made any false conclusions. I started to explain.

"We're both in Judo. He's my partner."

"You're his partner?" she exclaimed. I can see the shock on her face now.

"Well, temporarily while my real partner is on break." Dan why are you so quiet? Say something! Why do I have to explain everything to Jessie? "I should go and leave you two now, I forgot that I have to go somewhere before class started" I waved goodbye and went back.

Is he really like that? Why didn't he say anything to her? Well maybe he's the type who doesn't want to talk unless they are the only two talking. Before I reach the section Blue, which I was planning to go to since Dan is not there. I saw D.

"What happened to you? You didn't show up?" She furiously asked me.

"That's why I was about to go to your room to apologize. I was with Jessie during lunch. I have a new plan you see."

"You're trying to befriend her?"

"Yeah I am. I wanna know her more so it would be easy to attack her."

"Gel! If you want to, I can just tell you."

"No D, those were just rumors. I wanna know the truth about her, the real Jessica Daza, her strengths and weaknesses, and why Dan is in love with her. So while I'm doing this, I can't be with you. I'm sorry. I know you're going to be mad. "