Chapter 10: QUESTION AND ANSWER

10. QUESTION AND ANSWER 10.

***

What have I done? I just put Jessie in chaos now. She doesn't have anyone now except for me, the girl who did everything, and Dan, the boy I love. Did I really put her in trouble or did I just make her closer to Dan? I'm so confused now! I really am! And to add more, Gio just confessed that he likes me. I'm so in trouble now!

"Angel watch out!!!" Lyra screamed.

I snapped, turned around, and felt the heat of the blazing ball on my head.

"Ouch!! That hurts!" Yes it really hurts and I deserve it.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" Lyra apologized.

"Yeah! No worries!" I stand up but fall into the field right away.

"I think we should go to the clinic." Lyra suggested.

"I'll take her." a boy suggested.

I lift my head and found Dan. I want to say something but I'm really dizzy. I couldn't talk.

"Sure? Thanks Dan." Lyra agreed.

Dan lifted me and started walking towards the clinic's direction. I can feel his beating heart and warm chest. I can also smell his cool fragrance. Lyra, I forgive you now and I think I even owe you a lunch. I smiled but returned to my still expression as soon as possible knowing that he might be looking at me.

"You're red." Dan told me.

"Am I?" I managed to answer.

"Yeah, the ball must have hit you really hard!"

It's not the ball, it's you actually.

"You shouldn't attend Judo later."

It sounded more like a command than a suggestion.

We reach the clinic but the doctor is not there. I forgot, it's Saturday so the doctor is out, though the clinic is still open for athletes like us in case we need to use it or to get some first aid kits.

"Looks like I have to stay here a little longer." Dan stated.

He put me on an empty bed and he seated on a chair next to it.

Silence. I can only hear the ticking of the clock now. Aside from that there's nothing. Define awkward!!!

"Ahmm, Dan!"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you, but if you have anything else to do, you can go now. Don't worry about me. I'll be okay soon." I explained to him. Honestly I don't want him to leave, but I don't want to be a burden to him.

"Looks like your debt keeps on increasing." he joked around. "It's okay. I don't have anything to do."

I laughed. "I think so too." And it looks like he's planning to stay here. "Are you sure you want to stay?"

"100 percent."

I blushed.

The pain in my head is still there, so I decided to close my eyes for a while. When I opened my eyes, I instantly saw the wall clock. Oh my gosh, I slept for two hours.

"You're awake now. How are you feeling?" Dan asked me in a very concerned tone.

"I feel much better. Dan I'm so sorry I didn't know that I'm going to sleep for so long."

"It's fine. Honestly, your kinda funny when you're sleeping." He was smiling.

"Funny? Oh no! Did I talk while I'm asleep?"