V / epilogue

Morning came and so did the storm that was waiting for the couple.

Aya woke up, feeling the weight on her chest. Azlan had slept on her chest after their love-making session. True to his words, he had kept her up the whole night.

Aya couldn't help herself but run her fingers through Azlan's hair. His hair was silky and straight. She felt attracted to his hair and playing with them gave her happiness. It was time for Dhuhr. Aya had seen Azlan looking at her while she prayed but he never prayed. Now that the couple had gotten closer than before, Aya felt like she can ask Azlan to pray with her.

Mustering up enough courage, Aya softly called Azlan while caressing his cheek.

"Zalan, get up. It's time for Dhuhr. We need to pray."

Azlan turned his head to the other side but still slept. Sighing, Aya tried to wake him up again.

"Azlan Alam Shah get up right now," Aya spoke a little louder this time causing Azlan to ket out a grunt.

"Aya you know I don't pray. Why are you waking me up then?" Azlan asked while sitting on the bed.

Aya straightened her body and sat in front of Azlan. Holding his hands, she made him look into her eyes.

"Zalan, I know you don't pray. But I want you to pray. I want us to pray together. Please meri Jaan. Understand that you need to get closer to your deen. Please come back before it is too late." She softly expressed while touching his face.

Azlan was just sitting there, shocked. Can a person like him ask for Allah's forgiveness? Will Allah forgive his sins.

When Azlan kept staring at Aya and spoke no words.

Aya continued. "Hayati, I want us to be together in Jannah. Inshallah. Get up, we will pray together" saying this Aya got up to make wudu when Azlan caught her wrist. Aya turned back and her heart stopped. Azlan had tears in his eyes. He was looking like a child who was lost. He was looking like the Azlan 20 years ago.

Quickly sitting in front of him again, Aya hugged him close to her heart.

Before she could speak, Azlan spoke.

"Aya, kia Allah g mujhy maaf karain gay. Aya main apny deen par wapis ana chahta hoon. Main bhi chahta hoon ki main bhi Allah g ko sari batain bataoon. But I run a fucking Mafia Aya. I never killed anyone but still, some people lost their lives because my people killed them Even though they were bad but Qatl is still gunaah e qabeera. How am I suppose to pray when I do all this." Azlan's voice broke in the end. Aya felt her shoulder getting wet. It was his tears.

Azlan hid in Aya's embrace. She was the only person he had. She was the one who loved him. She was the one pushing him towards the right path.

Aya sighed looking at a broken Azlan. She always saw him as a tough guy who could never shed a tear but here he was crying like a toddler. She was not ashamed, she felt happy, happy because Azlan was finally letting his pain out. His worries out. He knew that he could cry all he wanted in front of his Aya,

Cupping his cheeks, she cleaned his tears with the pad of her thumb still stroking his face.

"Agar sachy or saaf dil se mafi mangain gay to Allah g zaroor ap ko maaf kar dain gay. Or ap apna kaam abhi bhi chor sakty hain." Aya made him understand. Something flickered in Azlan's eyes. The man was on a mission.

"Okay, it's getting late. Let's pray." saying this Azlan moved towards the other bathroom while Aya's happiness knew no bounds.

Azlan started praying regularly. He started going to the masjid. He was at peace, His heart felt light. He asked Allah for forgiveness every day. Azlan only joined Mafia after his father died. People's lives were in danger and someone had to take over. He was Alam Shah's only son so he stepped forward. Although his business was set from his own earned money. He worked day and night to build an empire. Mafia was just shit he forcefully had to take care of.