Sahaara III (Last part)

"Kitten is that you?"

Past:

"Musfara! Don't go! MUSFARAAA?" Mrs. Illays yelled while running after an eleven-year-old girl. But who was she kidding? She kept yelling after her daughter who ran without stopping and soon disappeared to the next street. Mr. Illyas' family visited Sawaat to visit his sister. 

Musfara was a naughty child she couldn't sit still and ran as soon as they came. There was a park near her phopho's house with a mango tree. Musfara really wanted to use her climbing skills and get the mangoes from the tree. 

Her mother kept stopping her but, she soon disappeared from her eyes. 

Not soon after Musfara had climbed up the tree and succeeded in her mission, she was climbing down from the tree when her foot slipped and landed on the ground. She wasn't hurt but, being an 11-year-old child, she got scared and started crying. 

She was still sitting there when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She quickly looked behind her, where a boy was standing. Despite being so young, Musfara thought he was cute. 

"Look you fell. Who told you to act like a cat? Actually no, a kitten. Cats are old but, kittens are little, just like you". The said while helping her get up and sit on the bench. 

"Ap ne mujhy billi ka bacha bola?"  Musfara questioned while sipping water from Kiaan's water bottle. 

"Haan, tum wesi he lagti ho." He shrugged. 

Kiaan was inspecting Musfara's left knee while also massaging it a bit. 

Musfara liked him a lot. His sweet gestures touched her little heart. 

After Inspecting her knee, Mustafa dropped her off at her house before returning to his friends. 

After that day, Musfara was continuously thinking about Kiaan. She did not realize when she started liking him or perhaps fell in love with him. 

***

"Kiaan, kahan chala gaya tha? Or wo larki kon thi?" his friends asked him.

Kiaan had come to Swaat with his friends on a school trip. They were playing at a park when the whole fiasco happened. 

"Ek larki ko chot lagi thi. Ussy us ke ghar take drop karny gaya tha" he replied nonchantly

"wese hamy to much bhi share nahi karate but us larki ko apni water bottle se paani pila ke aa gaya". His friends questioned. 

"Wo achi lagi thi."

"Itni ki apni cheezain share kar li?" 

"Haan itni"

Present:

"You remember me?" Musfara questioned looking puzzled. 

She never expected that Kiaan would remember her.

"Tumhain bhool sakta tha. Tumhari aankhein yaad thi" Kiaan said while calling Musfara to him. She lazily stepped towards him.

"Tum kahan kho gai thi Kitten? Main ne kitna dhoondha tumhain." Kiaan asked being emotional.

"Kiaan ap ne mujhy dhoondha tha?" Musfara questioned while sitting near Kiaan's bed and holding his hand. 

"Haan. bohot. Main us ghar waapis gaya tha jahan tumhain pehle chora tha leking tum mili hi nahi." Kiaan replied, tightening his hold on Musfara's hand. 

"G, wo meri phopho ka ghar tha aur wo log wahan se 7 maa baad shift ho gay thy"

"Tum Musfara ho?" He questioned after a while.

"G."

"Par tum apny ghar to kabhi nahi rehti thi" He was confused regarding the whole situation. 

Musfara told him why she didn't live at her house. She also told him how she got to know that Kiaan was her sister's fiance that's why she didn't want to see him in person because she really liked him and didn't want to hurt herself seeing him with her sister. She needed time to come to terms with the stations but her Grandma's death and Kiaan's accident led her to make the decision to marry him. 

It was tough for Musfara to talk about this. She started sobbing while explaining everything to him. To lighten up the mood, Kiaan joked. 

"Besharam chichori kitten. Itni choti ho ke bhi mujhy taarh rahi thi?" 

"Main besharam? Main chichori? Aur aap jo mujhy dhoondhty phoch gay thy? Aap hain besharam aur badtameez bhi. Abhi tak billi ka bacha bol rahy hain". Musfara got defensive when he said that. 

"Haan kiun ke abhi bhi choti si so. Kitten jesi. Aur haan tum mujhy yaad aati thi es liay dhoondhny gaya tha. Aur dekho ap tum finally mil gai."

Musfara pinched him for calling her 'choti' But she was relieved to know that Kiaan had liked her. He remembers her. 

They kept looking at each other for a while when Kiaan broke the silence. 

"Musfara tum ne kiun es shaadi kay liay haan ki? Kian tum meri halat nahi dekh rahi?"

"Wese kitten bulain. Ziada acha lagta hay." Musfara avoided his question 

"Kitten I am serious!"

"Kiaan aap achy lagty hain. Main ne aap ke shakal surat ko nahi AAP ko pasand kia hay aur wese bhi ye permenent nahi hay. Abhi kuch time main aap theek ho jain gay. Aur khuda na khasta agar permenent bhi hota to mujhy sirf Kiaan hi chahiay."

"Itna acha lagta hoon?"

"Ziada se bhi ziada" Musfara replied holding his hand.

"Shaadi karo gi mujh se?"

"Sirf aap se." She replied kissing his hand. 

****

Besties I know it's short. But Finals are coming close and the semester is ending. A lot going on in life. 

I won't ask you guys to reply but please read. It is something I have been wanting to say. 

Not just desi people but us, in general, romanticize "red flag guys". We enjoy reading books where the guy literally kidnaps the girl, forces her to marry him, threatens her family with their lives, and takes the girl away from the guy she loves. 

We still get happy endings for those guys. BUT the moment a girl does a negative thing even so slightly, we go crazy calling her names. Larka pyar main kutta kamina ban jai but larki thori na pyar kar sakti hay. She just needs to accept it and move on. Why?? Larka kary to theek but a girl can't do anything to get the guy. We need to fix these double standards.

Also, I hate sad endings. Especially if there is a love triangle and someone ends up alone and sad. It's so depressing. 

DO VOTE AND COMMENT. I will try to give an update soon.