II

It was a fine evening on a spring day, the birds were singing, busy streets, and a restless heart

Hooriya was going back to her homeland after a year and a half. It wasn't easy living alone in an unknown country with strangers.

Hooriya Idrees was an orphan. She was Ayla Ghazali's best friend. Their parents were good friends and after her parent's demise, she lived with the Ghazali's for over 5 years. Zaraar was in America for his higher studies for 4 of those years. When he came back, Hooriya had developed a great liking for Zaraar. She was aware that her feelings were reciprocated. Those glances, late-night talks were proof of that.

Hooriya also knew that Zaraar was forced into this marriage, but couldn't say no to his father. She left Pakistan for her studies, now she was finally going back. She was in contact with all of the Ghazali family members who had told her about Zaraar's divorce and the little angel Hana.

She had fallen in love with Hana in these four months, whenever she called Ayla, she will see Hana as well. She could feel what the absence of her mother doing to Hana after all she had lived a life of an orphan for 6 and a half years. She missed her parents terribly but she had learned to live without them.

Now after her studies she was finally going back to Pakistan, Back to her khala ammi. (Amna Ghazali), to her little angle Hana, her 4lifer Ayla, and him.

Back in the Ghazali mansion, everyone was waiting for the arrival of their laadli. they were going to meet her after so long. They had missed Hooriya a lot in these 18 months. They regretted marrying Zaraar to Mariyam knowing that he liked Hooriya and vice versa. It was Mr. Ghazali's promise to his friend that made him take the harsh decision but he was ashamed of his decision. And he planned to fix everything now.

Hana was continuously crying in her father's arms, it was one of the nights where she only craves a mother's embrace. Everyone had tried to pacify little Hana but she kept crying. All of a sudden he heard a honk. He knew she was here. She was finally here. Since the time Ayla had told him about his Hoori's return, he was impatiently waiting for her.

Hugging Hana close to his heart, he went downstairs to finally see her. There she was smiling with teary eyes, hugging his mother. Ohhh how much he had missed her, her presence close to him. He had promised himself that he will not let her go away from him this time.

Coming down the stairs he said his Salam. Hooriya looked up and her heart stopped, there stood her savior, her Zaraar, with her little angel in his arms. She replied to his Salam, looking in his eyes that held warmth and love in them, perhaps for her only.

Moments passed while they stared at each other, finally, their hearts were in peace seeing the other one. They felt sukoon.

Their trance was broken with a wail from Hana. She was wiggling in her father's arms. Hooriya couldn't stop herself from going near to Hana. She felt a tug in her heart hearing the poor soul's crying. She wanted to take Hana in her arms and coo her till she stopped crying. Motherly instincts

Going near Zaraar she looked at him expectantly, He understood that she wanted to take Hooriya in her arms.

" Hoori, Hana will bother you, she has been crying for a long time," he said. Listening to his silk-like smooth yet dominating voice calling her Hoori, Hoor felt her breath hitching. But Hana was more important rn.

"No, my little angel is crying" saying this she took Hana in her arms.

"Aww mera baby, don't cry" Hoor cooed Hana. As if Hana felt the warmth of her mother, she stopped crying, snuggling more into Hoor's chest. Everyone was shocked because Hana was never attached to anyone. She was closest to Zaraar but he was in Karachi most of the time.

Seeing them like this Zaraar felt that his family was complete. His Daughter and his Hoori.

Weeks passed like this. Hana couldn't even go a day without Hooriya. And Hooriya too couldn't stay away from her angel. Hooriya was a mother to Hana that she never had. Seeing all this Zaraar was even more sure about his decision to marry his Hoori. After all these years he was going to make her his for eternity.

It was a Saturday evening when Mr. Ghazali had dropped a bomb on Hooriya. "Beta main jaanta hoon ki mere aik ghalat faisly nay tumhari or Zaraar ki zindgi barbaad kar di hay. Par ab sab sahi karna chata hoon. Main chata hoon ke tum or Zaraar agly Friday nikkah kar lo". Hoor stilled for a moment. She was supposed to feel butterflies in her stomach listening to her dream come true. To have a family of her own, but she felt nothing maybe it was because she already knew that it was bound to happen.

Zaraar was present there. A smile came to his lips seeing a shocked Hooriya, He wasn't shocked like her maybe because he was the one who asked his father to ask Hoor about their alliance.

Before Hoor could say anything, Mrs. Ghazali begin. "Hoor, mera bacha, ham sab wakif hain ke tum aur Zaraar aik doosry ko pasand karty ho. Ab jab sab theek ho sakta hay to tum please sochna. Zaraar to kab se apne dad ko bol raha hay ke ap Hoor se baat karain. Mera beta tumhary baghair adhora hay. Aur agar tum Hana ke waja se inkaar kar rahi ho to main ussay yahan rakh loon g. Tum aur Zaraar Karachi chaly jana". Even though Mrs. Ghazali knew that Hana could never be the problem for Hooriya. She loved Hana like a mother, but Mrs. Ghazali wanted to make sure that Hoor didn't feel pressured to take Hanaif she agreed to marry Zarrar.

"Nahi, main apni bachi ko kahin akela chor ke nahi ja rahi" Hooriya said bewildered. How can she leave her jaan ka tukra behind?

"Acha bhai nahi lete tumsay tumhari beti ham. Ab ap batao ke ye nalayak chai kay nahi" Mrs. Ghazali asked looking at her son and soon to be daughter in law. (hopefully)

And their nikkah was fixed with a shy smile and a nod from Hooriya while looking at Zaraar who was smiling.

well here y'all go!!