catnap // drabble (d.d.)

Your trembling fingers turned another page of the textbook as the other hand anxiously flipped a highlighter back and forth.

It was finals week, and you had been stuck up in your shared apartment with Damiano, barely even seeing him. You had to pass these exams to graduate university.

"Bambina." You heard Damiano's melodic voice call down the hall.

"Hi." You called back, a slight roll in your eyes.

"What?" Damiano whined, entering the room. "I haven't seen you all week! I miss you!"

Damiano jumped onto your bed, making you cry out. "Damiano!" Now all of your papers were scattered everywhere, out of order.

"I'm sorry, Bambina. Here." He took all of the papers around him and stacked them nicely onto the bedside table.

"Damiano, what--"

"Shh, shh." He eased the textbook and highlighter out of your hands. They also went onto the bedside table. "You're shaking, you need to take a break." His lips formed a slight frown.

"I can't rest!" You complained. "I'm the worst at this class, I--"

"You can't take the test to the best of your ability if you're so exhausted. Let's rest now." He plucked your glasses off of your face and laid down onto the mattress with you.

"Fine, just a catnap."

~~~~~

WORD COUNT
213