is now a good time? (d.d./måneskin)

something that's been weighing on my heart and mind

"How do I look?" You asked, poking your head out of the bathroom door as you heard Damiano pass by.

Damiano halted and spun around to face you. "You look dashing." He laughed. "But babe, this isn't something you need to dress up for. Like I'm going like this..." He gestured to his outfit that consisted of a white tank top and gray sweatpants.

You sighed, knowing Dami was right. You'd probably cry all your makeup off anyways today. "Dress for the reaction you want, not the reaction you fear you're going to get."

Damiano snickered. "Cute. But (Y/N), seriously everyone is going to support you, I promise." He kissed the top of your head. "Give me five minutes."

"Okay, I'll meet you out in the car." You smiled, swiping on a little more lipgloss before heading out.

You sat in the car and buckled your seatbelt even though the car was still parked. You wiped your sweaty palms on your jeans, hoping that you could calm your nerves.

"It'll be okay, bambina." Damiano whispered, appearing seemingly out of nowhere.

"Christ!" You jumped.

"Sorry to frighten you, Love." He kissed your temple as he started the car. "You're going to be fine." He whispered, turning the radio on to a local station.

You found comfort in Damiano's melodic humming along to the tune of the song on the radio.

The drive to the Måneskin home studio seemed painfully short. You barely had time to collect your thoughts and feelings before Damiano was opening the door to help you out of the car.

Damiano slipped his hand into yours and led you inside.

"Hi!" Victoria gasped, running up and hugging you both. "You had me a little nervous with this meeting."

"Haha, no don't be scared. (Y/N) just had some things she wanted to talk to us all about." Damiano shared, nodding with a smile as you swallowed, trying to wet your bone dry throat.

You nodded curtly. "Why don't you all come sit down?"

Damiano and yourself sat on the sofa, with Ethan and Thomas taking chairs, and Vic sitting on the floor against the leg of Thomas' chair.

"So, um...we all have shit to do today, so I might as well get to the point." You started.

"Darling, you don't have to rush, take your time." Damiano spoke softly.

"Yeah, no rush, (Y/N)." Ethan smiled a comforting smile.

You nodded and swallowed hard again. "Um, I just thought that I need to come clean with you guys. Since I've been in the band for almost a year now, um, I've been struggling with an eating disorder for a while now, and--" Your sentence ended as your voice broke. Tears threatened to spill out of your eyes but you kept them at bay.

You wouldn't make eye contact with any of the band members. Damiano extended his hand to you for you fiddle with his rings to get the nervous energy out of your system.

"And...um..." Damiano knew the hardest part of the entire statement was coming up. You two had discussed this decision for months before he had finally gotten you to agree to the final choice that you made.

"Baby, do you need to take a break?" Damiano whispered into your ear as you broke down in tears.

You shook your head, dabbing at your smudged makeup. "Um, guys...I don't think that I will be able to withstand another tour. At...at least not right now...not at the pace I'm at now. I'm so sorry." You completely dissolved into hysterics as Damiano cradled your trembling body.