coraline (måneskin)

A lovely request by Kiddy_1234
"but coraline doesn't want to eat"
TW: ed, sh

Victoria strummed delicately at her bass, looking up over her eyelashes to Thomas, who she was working with to get the guitar part to sound melodic aside the bassline for the new song. 

Måneskin would be going on tour in less than two months, so they were rehearsing diligently. 

"Pizza's ready. Why don't we take a break, guys?" Ethan offered, nodding towards the kitchen. They were rehearsing in Ethan's home for the day, since another band was using their regular studio to record demos that day. 

Thomas and Vic put their instruments down and went into the kitchen just as Damiano was sliding a pizza out of the oven. 

"This looks great, Damiano! Grazie!" Thomas smiled, not being shy to take the first piece. 

"Yeah, it looks lovely, Dami, thank you." Victoria spoke, her voice having no distinct inflection. She intensely studied the unevenly sliced pizza, looking for the smallest slice. While she was searching for said smallest slice, she let the other two boys pick their pieces. 

Vic was jealous of the boys and their complete lack of fear around these monster sized pieces of pizza. The paparazzi, fans, nor the haters would never say anything negative about their bodies — it was only ever Victoria’s. 

“Are you okay?” Damiano asked aloud, making everyone turn their heads. The boys had all taken a seat at the table, leaving one open spot for Vic. “You’ve kinda just been staring off into space.”

“No, yeah, I’m coming.” Vic quickly grabbed the most narrow of the slices and slid it onto her plate. “Just got that bassline stuck in my head is all.” She tried to diverge the conversation as she fiddled with her bangs. 

“It’s sounding really good.” Ethan nodded, talking through full bites. He drummed his knuckles against the edge of the table. 

A lighthearted, non-work centric conversation swept over the table. Victoria’s mind was consumed with the comments she had been reading that morning over on her Instagram. 

She had posted a photo in a black bra top and leather leggings, an outfit she wore for press runs that day that she felt wonderfully confident in. While all of the Måneskin fans were showering her with love, there were always those few comments that were anything but. 

"Earth to Victoria!" Thomas laughed, snapping his fingers right in front of the bridge of her nose. 

Victoria immediately snapped out of her thoughts. "Sorry." She shook her head. "Bassline again. Damn, we must be doing a great job with it. It's already stuck in my head!" She threw a halfhearted chuckle out. 

"You haven't touched your food." Thomas stated, pointing to Victoria’s plate, which was the only plate not empty. 

Dami shot her a knowing glance but she quickly averted it. 

"I wasn't all that hungry to begin with." She mumbled. "You can have it if you'd like." Vic spoke quietly. 

"De Angelis, non iniziare a tirare quella merda." Dami snipped. 

Vic's head immediately snapped over to Damiano. "What the fuck are you talking about?" She snapped back. "If I'm not hungry, I'm not hungry. Thomas, you can have my slice if you want it."

Ethan cleared his throat. "No, Vic, you should eat it. Really." 

Thomas bit his lip, setting Vic's plate back down. He had just picked it up in preparation to eat it. Vic parted her lips to speak but Ethan cut her off again.