comfort (d.d.)

Full oneshot based on the amazing headcanon by amberjjazmynrose! Go check out her work, it is phenomenal, and a better use of your time than this book lol 🤣🤣

Anyways, enjoy xx

Damiano slid the pan to the back burner of the oven. He wiped his hands on a nearby towel before leaving the kitchen and going to find you.

You had left to pick up a phone call from your sister almost two hours ago. Damiano knew that you and your sister weren't close, there was no way in hell you two had enough to talk about with each other for two hours!

When he heard your voice floating from the bedroom, he propped himself into the empty doorframe, leaning against it with crossed arms.

He watched intently as you bit the inside of your cheek, a telltale sign of yours that Damiano had come to learn. You were anxious.

"Alright. Yeah, thank you, I'll get back to you later, and we can sort this all out. Yep, yep, okay, bye." You finished your call with a fake smile as if your sister on the other end could see it.

You hung your cellphone up and flung it to the pillow next to you, barely noticing Damiano's presence.

"Hey, I came in to let you know that dinner is ready." He spoke softly, not wanting to nudge you about the call right away.

"Okay." You nodded, standing to head out to the kitchen with him. There was no sense of inflection anywhere in your voice. You were completely emotionless.

Damiano mentally thanked himself for making your favorite dinner tonight. He planned it as just a nice little surprise, but now it was seeming like you really could use a pick-me-up.

You whispered a 'thank you' as Damiano made you a plate of the food he'd cooked, and handed it to you.

You crossed back to the table, setting your plate down without sitting at the table.

"Sweetheart?" Damiano asked, his heart starting to race. He hadn't turned his back from the oven, as he made himself his plate. "Is everything okay?"

"Hmm?" You hummed, not looking at him either.

Damiano turned around, now seeing you standing on your tiptoes, reaching into the liquor cabinet.

"What's wrong?" Damiano tried to not show his rising anxiety.

"It's my mom." You stated, pouring straight whiskey into a rocks glass. "She died in a car accident...they said she didn't feel a thing."

Damiano jumped at this, he took the glass straight out of your hand and set it onto the counter along with his plate.

"Mio Dio, (Y/N), I'm so sorry." Damiano pulled you into his strong arms.

This sudden contact made you uncomfortable, every muscle in your body was tensed up. You weren't expecting such a tight hug so suddenly.

At first, you didn't wrap your arms back around him. When he started rubbing your back and kissing your head, you gave in, settling into the hug.

Without warning, tears began to slip past your eyelashes. "I...I'll never see her again, Dami! She's gone!" You sobbed, your voice raising an entire octave.

Damiano sighed, kissing your head more and snuggling you closer. This was awful.

"Fuck, why am I crying?!" You sputtered, pulling away from the hug, pushing Damiano away. You spun back around, eyeing your rocks glass. It took you approximately no time at all to down the room temperature alcohol in one swallow.

"Hey, hey, hey, breathe. Stop that." Damiano eased the now empty glass out of your hands and returned you to the hug. "Your feelings are so incredibly valid right now, Principessa. Cry if you need to cry, it's just me."

Damiano's soothing voice calmed your racing mind.

"I wasn't even there to see her!" You sobbed, realizing that you were more angry at yourself than at anything or anyone else. "She was in a whole other goddamn country!"

"No, you can't blame yourself for this, Darling. It was unexpected, you couldn't have known. You couldn't have known." He ran his tattooed hands through your hair, slightly rocking you in the hug.

The kitchen fell silent all except for the broken cries that would pass from your lips every few moments.

Damiano couldn't help but let a few tears fall as well. He had only met your mother a few times, but she made him feel so loved and such a part of your family.

"She's always going to be so proud of you, Love." Damiano whispered. "You're out here chasing your dreams and making music for so many people to love." His voice raised in volume, but not by much.

You tilted your chin up to look your boyfriend in the eye. He rubbed his thumb gently over your cheeks, brushing the tears away.

"I bet the angels up there are absolutely blasting your music." He snickered, trying his best to lighten the mood.

"You think so?" You asked, wiping at your own tears.

"I know so." He kissed your head once more and led you to the table to eat.

~~~~~

WORD COUNT
852

again, this oneshot is heavily heavily influenced by the wonderful amberjjazmynrose! Go check out her Måneskin imagines!

Love y'all! Xx