fight it // a drabble (d.d.)

The private plane loaded quickly after the show, and the band was headed all the way across the country on their red eye fight.

It was the middle of the night now, and most of the band had fallen asleep. The performance adrenaline had long worn off and the exhaustion was laying in.

Damiano, however, was seemingly wide awake. He had one headphone in an ear, presumably listening to his "travel" playlist that consisted of Montley Crue, Guns n Roses, Artic Monkeys, Van Halen, and other classic rock bands he found as inspirations.

Every now and then, you could guess what song he was listening to just by the way he mimed the drum beat drop in the air. His knuckles knocked on the air as if they were hitting drums in time with the song.

You smiled at these small interactions, seeing it so adorable how he is consistently inspired by and appreciative of other artists' work.

Between smiling softly at him, you spent the flight reading your book. You were exhausted, but felt bad falling asleep on the plane. You didn't want to leave Damiano as the only one awake.

After an hour into the flight, Damiano had started scribbling lyrics for a new song, but you began to notice that his eyes would fall shut every now and then, but then he would snap himself back awake.

When he would wake himself back up, there would be a scowl on his face, almost as if he was mad at himself for falling asleep. That broke your heart.

"Baby, why do you fight it?" You asked in a whisper as to not wake Victoria, who was sleeping directly behind you.

You looked over to your boyfriend, his knees bouncing as he tapped his pen against his notebook. His tired eyes read and re-read over the lyrics he had decided he hated and had scratched over.

"Wha' you mean?" Damiano muttered.

You sighed. "You're so tired, baby. You don't have to work right now. Get some rest, baby. We still got another hour."

Damiano sighed, rubbing his hands over his face. "I can't! My mind is just...racing."

You frowned. "I know, baby. I know, but you're okay. Your body needs rest. Tonight was a hard show."

Damiano scoffed somewhere close to a snicker. "When we asked Manhattan to give us their worst...they did that." He groaned and shifted his weight around in the wide airplane seat.

You placed your hand on his head and slowly guided him to lay on your shoulder. "Does it hurt? Stage diving like that every night?"

Damiano's eyes were already slipping shut to sleep. "It's doesn't feel good. But it's fun. It's worth it in the moment."

You smiled, petting his hair as he fell asleep. "I'm glad." You pressed a gentle kiss to his head before slipping off to sleep yourself.

~~~~~

WORD COUNT
484

So sorry this is so short! My life has been crazy with senior year and ballet and dance team and speech and debate and theatre! Busy busy, but I hope y'all like this little ditty!

Love you all endlessly!