overheated (e.t.)

You and the band were rehearsing in the hot Los Angeles sun in preparation for your performances at Coachella. You, Vic, and the boys had spent the better part of last night moving all of your rehearsal equipment to the spacious patio of the home you had been renting.

As the performances drew closer the band had committed to rehearsing outside to prepare for the heat of the festival.

The rehearsal went in the set order, and by the time you were a third of the way through the set, everyone had drank almost four entire bottles of water. Everyone except for Ethan.

"Okay..." Damiano exhaled, wiping his sweaty forehead with the bottom of his tank top. "After this song, let's take a break, get some lunch."

It was getting hotter and hotter outside by the minute, and everyone was getting sweaty. A break sounded phenomenal.

"That sounds great." Vic started, heavy breaths falling past her lips. "I'm starting to get a little dizzy."

"Shit, do you need to go inside now?" Thomas asked.

Vic shook her head, sipping from her water. "I'll be good for one more song."

The band played through IN NOME DEL PADRE one final time and then everyone started to set their instruments up for the break.

You had just finished wrapping up the microphone cords as you glanced over to Ethan. Everyone else was already heading inside, but Ethan was still perched behind his drums, looking back to notes he had written about one of the new songs they were going to play.

"Ethan, are you coming in? It's hotter than hell out here, Love." You stated.

Ethan waved a hand as to shoo you away. "I'll be in. I'm going to go over this bridge for 'Gasoline' first. It didn't sound right when we were rehearsing it."

You nodded, trusting him. "Okay, we'll see you soon." You left the drummer and headed inside.

Ethan heard the door shut behind you and immediately started to rehearse. He had fucked up the rhythms for one of their songs during the band's most recent live performance, and he wouldn't dare embarass the group like that again. He needed to rehearse.

Ethan quickly tied his sweat soaked hair into a ponytail and started to practice.

~~~~~

As Ethan rehearsed, the rest of the band gathered inside, making themselves sandwiches, drinking water, and overall cooling off.

Thomas had spent a few minutes sitting directly in front of a fan and Damiano had resorted to sticking his whole head into the freezer.

"Are you starting to feel better, Vic?" You asked, watching Vic eat her lunch.

She nodded as she chewed. "Much."

You smiled. "Good, good."

"Where's Edgar at? Is he still outside?" Vic wondered aloud over bites of her sandwich.

Your eyes widened in worry, completely unaware that almost another hour had passed.

"Shit, yeah. He said he'd only rehearse a little longer. Let me go check on him." You took a sip from your water and started out towards your makeshift outdoor studio.

"Ethan?" You called as you opened the door. As you stepped outside, your body was swarmed with heat. Your eyes widened as you saw Ethan in the corner of the patio.

His body looked weak and he was bent at the knees, nearly collapsed over.

"Ethan, oh my god!" You gasped, running over to him. Hair out of his ponytail was stuck with sweat to his neck as his body heaved. As you approached his side you noticed that he'd been throwing up what little was in his system.