meds (v.da/måneskin)

The band had wrapped full rehearsals for that day. They had just received that week's song assignment: a cover of The Killers' Somebody Told Me, and the band had spent the better part of ten hours working on their arrangement for the cover, and beginning rehearsal.

Everyone had broken for dinner and Vic had left to run some errands pretty soon after the meal, claiming that she was nauseous and needed to go pick up some medicine for that.

If you asked the rest of the band, they'd tell you that Vic had been acting a little off for the past few weeks. Everyone had chalked it up to nerves, since they were getting so close to the finale, but at the same time, nobody was convinced that was the whole reasoning behind her sudden change in behavior.

"Hey, E." Vic spoke, holding her phone against her ear with her shoulder. "I'm at the drugstore right now, do you or the boys need anything while I'm here?"

Ethan shook his head. "Boys. Do you need anything at the drugstore, while Vic is there?" Vic heard Ethan ask.

"Yeah." Damiano looked up from his notebook. "Tell her to get me a pack of cigarettes. She knows what I smoke."

Ethan nodded. "Everyone else is good, but Dami wants cigarettes. He said you knew his brand and everything?"

"Yeah, I got him." Vic spoke. "I'll see you guys soon."

"Okay, be safe." Ethan smiled softly.

"I will, bye."

Ethan nodded. "Bye, Love."

Vic hung the call up and slid her phone into her pocket. She bit the inside of her cheek as her eyes scanned the shelves of pills.

In a moment of haste, she grabbed two packets of caffiene pills and walked towards the cashier.

Two packs of twenty tablets had to be enough, right? At least, for now. Vic figured as she approached the check out line.

"And a pack of Marlboro Golds, please." Vic spoke softly, sliding the packets of supplements onto the counter.

The tired cashier nodded, turning to grab the cigarettes. Vic flashed him her ID, and he rung all of the items up. Victoria paid in silence.

"Have a good night, miss." The cashier spoke.

"Thank you. You too." Vic shot him a gentle smile and quickly headed back outside.

Vic pulled the pills and their receipt out of the bag and jammed them into her pocket. She threw the plastic bag away in a nearby trashcan.

It was a short walk back to the house that Måneskin was living in during their time on the X-Factor, so she was home pretty soon after checking out at the drugstore.

"Dami, here!" Vic called, tossing the pack of Golds across the room. The frontman caught them with ease.

"Thanks!" He called, smiling.

"I'm going to run to the bathroom, then could we go over that bridge, Thomas?" Vic asked. "There's that section I just can't get down."

Thomas smiled. "You got it, Vic."

Vic nodded and disappeared down the hallway to the bathroom. Once there, she whipped open the medicine cabinet and grabbed her bottle of anxiety medication.

She'd been taking the medicine since she was fifteen. It worked well, keeping her anxiety and panic attacks at bay. The only downside was, at times, it could make her feel somewhat numb and almost drowsy.

She'd been planning this move since the first week of X-Factor, when she truly got a feel for how the competition would pan out. It was one thing, watching it from the TV at home, and then being a contestant in real life.