collapse (måneskin)

Damiano laid in the bed that he shared with his girlfriend, Bianca. He'd been gone nearly 24/7 since the band had won Sanremo and advanced to represent Italy in the Eurovision Song Contest. Any time he got to spend at home was prized.

"When did you get home, baby?" Bianca asked, slinking into their bedroom.

Damiano lifted his tired eyes to see his girlfriend in one of his old band tees. He smiled softly as she climbed onto the mattress, beginning to kiss softly at his neck.

"Bambina," Damiano laughed lazily. "I appreciate the kisses, but not tonight. Please, I'm just so exhausted."

Bianca pouted, though she stopped and laid beside Damiano.

"I'd really love to, baby, but with all those goddamn rehearsals, I just don't have any energy." He laughed in hopes that she'd loosen up. Bianca never took a "no" well.

"It's fine." Bianca spoke with a sigh that made a pang of guilt jolt through Damiano.

The room fell silent as her dainty fingers traced all of his tattoos. Suddenly, while playing against the tattoos on Damiano's waist, her face fell.

"What?" Damiano frowned. "What's wrong?"

Bianca shook her head. "Nothing."

"No, what is it?" Damiano pried.

"Just...where did all of this come from?" Bianca asked aloud, biting on the inside of her cheek.

Damiano's heart stopped as he felt Bianca's fingers pinch at the skin around his waist.

"Oh." Damiano tried to laugh it off. "I, uh, I don't know." He squirmed his way out of her arms and excused himself to their bathroom down the hall.

Damiano got to the bathroom and locked the door. He stared at his bare torso in the mirror. He turned all different directions, bending backwards and nearly breaking his neck to see his body at all angles.

Maybe he had been gaining weight?

He abused his reflection with a nasty gaze for a few minutes longer before making a mental note to pick a diet up. He figured that he could use a healthier lifestyle leading up to the ESC, anyways.

~~~~~

For the first while, this diet went completely unnoticed. Give or take a side comment about Damiano arriving at the rehearsal studios earlier than he typically did, the band really didn't seem to notice.

Damiano had it under control. He would skip breakfast at home and have a light lunch and dinner. Hell, half the time the band wouldn't even stop for lunch -- they'd be so focused on rehearsing that the hours would slip right through their fingertips. Such as last week when they rehearsed until 9:00 at night before realizing they had yet to take a break.

This night was like one of those. The band was packing up around ten at night.

When his phone started to ring, Damaino handed the guitar cable he was packing up over to Thomas, so he could take the call.

"Hello?" He asked, disappearing just out of the door and into the hallway. The door to the studio was still wide open.

"Hey, where's Dami?" Vic asked. "I wanted to suggest this lyric change before we all left."

"Oh," Thomas gestured out the door with the wrapped up guitar cable. "Out there. Took a phone call. It was probably Bianca wondering where he was at."

Vic nodded, stepping out the door. She stayed silent to not interrupt his call. She waited for him to finish up.

"Oh, dinner?" Vic heard Damiano ask. "Yeah, no, I ate with the band. I'm good."