jealously (d.d.)

emmamadison1

Damiano sipped delicately at his martini, his eyes scanning the bustling party. The party was in celebration for the release of the band’s newest music video, for their hit “I WANNA BE YOUR SLAVE.” 

Damiano switched his gaze between the dance floor, his watch, and the swirling liquid in his glass. His girlfriend was supposed to come to the party with him and the band after her last minute meeting at work. 

Damiano watched the rest of the band dance on the floor. Ethan nodded along to the drumbeat of the song as Vic tried to pull him more to the middle of the floor with a swing of her hips. Thomas was away, chatting up a girl in the bar, probably trying to take her back to his apartment. Damiano was sure you were in the mix of dancing bodies, too, but through the crowd, he couldn’t see you.

Damiano flinched as he felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket. He stepped out of the bar into the cold nighttime air to take the call. 

“Hey, Ali, what’s up?” Damiano spoke, excited to hear his girlfriend’s voice. With his band schedule and her work schedule, they rarely had any real time together anymore. 

“Hey.” The girl breathed, her voice sounding heavy. “I don’t think I’m going to be able to come to that party. This meeting has been running for so long.” She stated.

Damiano bit on his lip, disappointed. He should have seen this coming, though. This wasn’t the first time Ali had ditched an event with him for her job. He understood, though, work came first, but it seemed that in the last few months, her meetings had started running later  and later. 

“That’s okay, bambina, I understand.” Damiano spoke, trying to hide his feeling of disappointment. “You sound a little out of breath, are you okay?” 

He heard Ali’s labored breaths catch in her throat. “Yeah, I’m okay, just climbed a bunch of stairs at the office. Nothing major.”

Damiano nodded. “Alright, well, I’ll see you at home, soon. I’m going to round up the band and see what their plans for the night are.”

“Alright.” Ali spoke, somewhat with tension in her tone. “I’ll let you know when I’m out of the office, alright?”

“Sounds good. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

Damiano hung the phone call up and slouched against the facade of the bar. The breath he exhaled formed a small cloud in front of his face as it chilled over the cold air. 

He swallowed the rest of his martini in one sip and made his way back into the bar. He set the empty glass back onto the bar and made his way to the dance floor. “Vic!” Damiano called, catching the bassist eyes through the crowd. “I’m headed home, okay?"

“Okay.” She smiled. “You sure? You haven’t been here long. (Y/N) went home a few minutes ago.”

Damiano nodded, mentally cursing himself for not coming back in earlier to say goodbye to you. He supposed he’d see you tomorrow at rehearsals, anyways. Before he spoke, he caught a glimpse of Thomas leaving the party with that girl from earlier on his arm. “I guess Thomas is leaving, too.” He laughed. 

Vic laughed, glancing over her shoulder. “I guess so.” She smiled, studying Damiano’s face. “Do you need a ride?”

“No, I didn’t drink that much, and it isn’t too far of a walk home.”

Vic nodded. “Alright, Ethan and I will close the place down for you.” She giggled, nudging his shoulder.

“Party hard.” Damiano grinned, starting out the door to leave.