after the after party (d.d.)

ROLL CALL >>>

The bright sunlight streamed into the hotel room, illuminating Damiano's face. You had been gently stroking his cheek since you had woken up.

You had a performance with your band, Måneskin, last night, and your management had put you all up in a hotel close to the venue.

Damiano stirred, lifting a limp hand to grab at your hand and kiss your fingers. His eyes remained closed as he did that.

"What time is it?" Damiano mumbled, his voice heavy with sleep.

"Nearly seven." You stated, smiling softly at the continued hand kisses.

"Merda, it's so early." Damiano slowly opened his eyes.

You leaned into Damiano's bare chest, your eyelids suddenly becoming heavy again. Damiano was right, you still had a few hours until you had to start getting ready for the next show.

"You were wonderful last night." Damiano whispered, making your cheeks blush a deep red.

"I was?" You asked delicately, your eyes slowly opening and closing.

"Absolutely. Both onstage...and afterwards." He stretched his back with a low groan before settling back down and cuddling you close.

Butterflies fluttered in your stomach as he kissed the top of your head.

"Especially afterwards." He cheekily added with a wink.

You couldn't help but giggle gently. It wasn't your first time sleeping with Damiano the night before, but that kind of intimacy was still so new to you.

The after party for the show had been a mix of dancing and drinks between all the bandmates. Neither you nor Dami had had much to drink in preparation for the next night's show.

During the party, there was something in him that you couldn't ignore. He was always charming and charismatic and the life of the party, but last night was different.

You two couldn't keep your hands off of each other. Maybe it was the adrenaline rush from the show, but you and Damiano slipped out of the party and back to your hotel room pretty early on in the night.

"I didn't make a complete fool of myself?" You laughed softly, kissing Damiano's cheek.

He smiled, kissing your lips. "Not at all."

The butterflies in your stomach raged, and you desperately needed to change the conversation.

"Did you hear Thomas last night?" You asked, still very much asleep. "He said he messed up Torna onstage."

Damiano hummed. "No, I didn't hear that. It sounded okay to me."

You shifted your weight around, moving your arms as they started to get a pins and needles feeling.

"He's probably torturing himself over it." You stated, knowing Thomas had a habit of getting too hard on himself when he made mistakes either in rehearsals or onstage.

"Yeah, well," Damiano spoke, now slightly more awake than before. He shifted his weight now so that he was completely facing you. "He's been getting a bit better about that." Damiano smiled softly, looking deep into your eyes.

You smiled as he intertwined his legs with yours under the bedsheets and pulled you effortlessly closer to him.

"Dami, stop." You spoke softly. "We're going to have to get up eventually."

"Eventually isn't now. Just lay with me. It's not every day we can just be together."

He had a point. Tour had been strenuous on the relationship, with all of your emotional and physical energy going into the performances. You saw each other all day-every day, but rarely spent time together as a couple anymore.

You had to admit, laying with Damiano in the peaceful morning silence was exactly what you both had been craving.

"I love you." You whispered, tracing his tattoos with your index finger.

"I love you too, (Y/N)." He grinned, his eyes still sleepily blinking.

You knew you didn't have all day to lay around, but part of you wished you did. "I know we have things to do, but I don't think I could ever get tired of this."

"I think I'd be pretty devastated if you ever got tired of snuggles." He spoke, his sentences being punctuated with yawns.

"Well, it's a good thing I won't." You giggled, scrunching up your nose.

All of a sudden, a sharp knock on the door broke the calm of the moment.

"Get up, losers! Breakfast is ready!" You both heard Vic call.

You and Damiano both looked at each other and groaned. Your moment barely lasted.

"Be right there, Vic!" Damiano called back.

You listened to Vic's footsteps retreat as you looked back down at Damiano.

You kicked the covers off of yourself and started scanning the room for the flannel of his that you usually sleep in.

You looked back at Damiano as you buttoned the shirt over your chest. "What?" You asked, with a laugh.

"I don't want to get up." He whined.

You put on an exaggerated pouty face. "Too bad, bambino." You crossed to his side of the bed and peppered his face with plenty of kisses to coax him all the way awake. "Come on, let's go eat."

~~~~~

WORD COUNT
838

lol I danced for twelve hours a day for five days in a row, and I had classes tonight, I'm so exhausted 🤣