XVI

(💙🫐🖌)

Corpse was awoken to the smell of pancakes. Slowly opening his eyes he noticed he wasn't in his apartment but rather indigos couch staring at her ceiling. Sighing corpse sat up grabbing his phone that was plugged into a charger.

The boy furrowed his brows not remembering plugging it in before falling asleep meaning indigo plugged it in for him. "Morning sleepy head." indigo said walking into the living room two plates in her hands. Both filled with pancakes and eggs.

"Would you like something to drink? Water, orange juice? Maybe tea." indigo asked, setting the plates down on the small table in front of corpse. She hadnt sat down yet staring at corpse waiting for an answer. "Water is fine." he mumbled hoping she could understand him.

Smiling indigo walked off her curly hair bouncing with every step she took. Corpse sighing corpse turned his phone on seeing a few texts from his friends. Most were saying good morning and asking if he wanted to play some games on their streams.

The bouncing girl walked into the room a glass of water in one hand and a mug in the other corpse presumed it was tea since she wasn't much of a coffee person, something he learned after spending many days with her. "Here ya go." she said, handing him the glass and finally sitting down.

Indigo hummed, grabbing the remote and putting on a random show which corpse didn't know the name of. "It's blueberry pancakes, i decided to use some of the ones we picked. There's more batter if you decide you want more." indigo said, already eating her serving.

Corpse nodded, grabbing his plate slowly eating even though he didn't feel quite hungry, but he did it to show the girl respect. "Thank you." he mumbled, almost cringing at the way he sounded. He hated talking after just waking up,, his voice was deep already making it hard to understand him but he mumbled all his words as well making it ten times harder to understand him.

It shocked him when Indigo nodded, not saying much else as if she could understand him. The two ate in silence the only noise coming from the tv or the few slurps and gulps. Standing up and stretching indigo grabbed both the empty plates. "Do you want more?" she asked, making corpse shake his head no.

A few minutes later Indigo came back with more tea huffing as she sat down. "So what's the plan for today?" she asked, sitting crossed legged facing the boy looking at him as if he was a painting. Corpse sent her a small glance full of curiosity.

"I'm not sure, rae asked if I'd join her left for dead stream." corpse said, making indigo hum sipping on her tea. "Why are you looking at me like that?" corpse asked, making indigo chuckle.

Shaking her head, Indigo put her tea down still staring at corpse. "Do you know what serotonin is?" indigo asked, making corpse shrug. "It's a chemical signal our brain gives us, it's when we feel happy or overly happy." indigo said making corpse raise a brow.

Smiling indigo stared into the boy's brown eyes that were staring back at her curiosity in his eyes. "Looking at you or well just being around you gives me serotonin." she answered, making corpse laugh lightly red coating his cheeks. "Really?" corpse asked in disbelief that someone like Indigo could feel so happy around him.

"You better believe it corpse. I mean every word I say. Honestly." indigo said, making corpse smile at his pushing some of his curls away from his face. "Thank you." he said. Now it was indigos turn to laugh. "For what?" she asked in between giggles making corpse chuckle along with her.

A smile never leaving the boy's face. "For being so happy around me. Most people feel different so thank you." he answered honestly, making indigo go silent a small smile on her lips. "Well you're welcome. Now text rae back and tell her I want to join." indigo said, turning to face the tv as if their conversation didn't happen. "Will do."