3.07 Soldier

Pain rippled up Charlie's jaw and she spat a few curses at the alien before sending a surge into his chest cavity

Pain rippled up Charlie's jaw and she spat a few curses at the alien before sending a surge into his chest cavity. Peter, still by her side, gave her a concerned look as he tied down a towering alien.

But in that brief second, another one lunged its sharp sword at him with all its might.

Charlie kicked out one of Peter's feet and used all her weight to tackle him to the ground. Adjusting her balance to her knees that were pressed on either side of Peter, she threw a dagger at the alien's eye socket, which turned to be less brilliant than she thought. The tall alien clutched its eye then fell forward, sword coming straight towards the two teens.

Peter quickly rolled and covered Charlie with his forearms. The metal blade sliced slightly into a lock of Charlie's hair but missed her cheek.

Both panting, Peter and Charlie gave a sigh of relief. Then, Charlie notices that they were in missionary style, her knees still on either side of his hips.

"Very YA novel."

"What?" Peter asked, brows slightly furrowed, then Charlie looked down, and he followed it. It finally hit him, he jumped off of her like she was a dead fish.

As she sat up, she saw Sam, who had seen Charlie fall down, then decided to check in on her.

Letting Redwing do some backup, Sam took his time to glare at Peter, the loudmouth from Berlin, then looked at Charlie. "I liked Shuri better."

"Eat a dick." Charlie groaned, holding where she had been thrown earlier.

"Mr. Falcon, sir." Peter squeaked and saluted.

The teen retrieved the dagger from the alien's eye and wiped the goo on her pants. "See Nat anywhere?"

Sam had canvased all the field and hadn't seen his friend anywhere. Something about it was eery, and she hadn't even replied to any of the coms.

Still, Charlie didn't need to be alarmed, her mood seemed to smooth out with the spider kid.

"No, but I'll keep looking." Sam eyed Peter one more time, before blasting off.

Continuing to fight side by side, Peter and Charlie saw T'Challa running past them with the gauntlet of infinity stones. Steve had already put in the request for them to bring it to an ugly brown van at all cost. The King was doing a rather nice job, blasting and running through aliens until one mind-power having one started trapping him in a curl of rocks.

Peter looked at Charlie with the face, and Charlie started shaking her head. "Don't do it— And he's fucking doing it."

He was already swinging over to the capture King, who was inching towards the alien. Charlie still had to deal with the aliens around her, and only hear Peter's cheery voice say, "I got it."