4.16 Two Can Keep A Secret... If One Of Them Isn't Peter Parker

"Never have I ever played hooky

"Never have I ever played hooky." Holding up my last two fingers, I felt the cold air on my legs, still wearing the dress from earlier with only Brad's beige jacket over my shoulders. These little lies felt like a breath of fresh air despite their apparently toxic nature. Brad and I were walking back from our little walk down the streets of Prague, he suggested the game, and I was willing to do anything to get my mind off everything. One of his fingers dropped leaving his pinkie to be the only one up. A curl came to my lips. "So, Brad Davis is a bad boy?"

"I had good reason. The new Transformer movie and it was Spanish class." He smiled as he defended himself, then bit his lip. "Why? Do you like bad boys?"

"Depends on the boy," I replied, and he nodded.

"Never have I ever... gotten a tattoo." He tried and I shook my head, both fingers up. Technically, another lie, but did stick and poke even count? "Shame."

"Never have I ever..." I started, then tried to think of something that bore some semblance of reality. "Said I love you to someone."

"Tough card." His last finger dropped, then he raised a brow. "Not even to your parents?"

I shrugged as we came to the middle of the bridge. "They passed away when I was six."

"Oh, I'm sorry." His eyes widened and he stopped. "I shouldn't have—"

"It was a long time ago." I dismissed.

"How'd it happen?" He asked, then cringed and added. "Was that a really insensitive question?"

"Car crash." I bit into the lie deeper, then stared at the way the stars hit the dark water under the bridge. "So, I'm pretty much like Batman."

"You make a very cute Bruce Wayne." He smiled with his perfect white teeth. At some point, we veered to the walls of the bridged and I rested my elbows on the railing. In haling through my nose, I took in the sight and restrained my desire to jump off it. That'd cause too much of a scene. I glanced at Brad, his dark eyes scanning over the waters with an indifferent grin. Suddenly, he jumped up a little losing the faked focus he had on the waters."Oh, I saw this at a gift shop and I thought of you." Brad pulled a thin chain from his pocket and at the bottom of it was a rose charm on it.

"It's pretty." And very expensive looking.

He looked proud and then he nudged his head at me. "May I?" Like last time, I pulled my hair to the side and wrapped the chain around my neck, the contact of his cold hands sending shivers down my body. Apparently, he can buy hundred-dollar necklaces but draws the line at gloves. Once he finished, I dropped my hair and turned back around. He adjusted the pendent, his fingers grazing over the fabric of my dress. Then they moved up the other chains around my neck. "Steve Rogers, huh?"

"Got them off ebay." I replied, leaning back on the railing.

"New and old Captain America." He picked up the other one and smiled. "That's pretty cool."