4.11 A Minor Assassination Attempt

"And you're sure you heard nothing?" MJ questioned setting her suitcase down beside the rest of them

"And you're sure you heard nothing?" MJ questioned setting her suitcase down beside the rest of them. Despite the perfect stage she woke up to, she still thought something was weird and had spent a good chunk of the morning questioning me. It was early for the trip to Paris and I hated the brightness of the sun over here. They needed more smog. "Something's not adding up."

Barely keeping my eyes open, I offered. "Aliens?"

With a serious nod of the head, she said her next words gravely. "It's our best theory."

From the corner of my eye, I saw Betty and Ned fawn over one another like weirdos. I swear to Thor if the Elementals didn't kill me, they would.

"Hey, guys." Brad greeted, too chipper for my liking. He had a plush beige hoodie and green cargo shorts to go with it. "What's up?"

"Weird stuff's been happening and we're running through scenarios," MJ explained scrolling through her phone and I nodded. Her lips flattened. "There's no wi-fi in this spot, I need to know if we're in a hot zone."

As soon as she left to go re-attach to the hotel's wi-fi, Brad turned to me. "Scenarios?"

"Just the basics: aliens, ghosts, what-not." I leaned against the brick wall.

"Ah." He agreed humorously. "Very scientific."

"Good news," Harrington shouted to the group with a beaming smile as he exited the hotel. "We're going to Prague." He lightly patted Peter on the chest while he pass him and Ned.

"Oh, fuck me." I sighed quietly as a series of disappointing groans erupted from the rest of the class. Eyes locked with Peter, his shock was clear. Part of me had actually believed that Nick meant what he said, but a larger part knew I never really had any say in the matter. Of course, knowing it didn't make me any less pissed off.

MJ popped back out of the hotel, hearing the upset sounds of the class, and walked over to me. "What happened?"

"We're going to Prague instead of Paris," I whispered. "Government interference?"

"Possibly." She whispered back.

"Tour company called they upgraded us." Our bearded teacher explained, still rocking his fisherman vest and ugly hat. "You should have heard me on the phone with them. I really gave 'em hell."

"All I heard was crying," Del added, and I snorted a little.

Begrudgingly, we grabbed our bags and followed Harrington down the street. Nearly everyone seemed to share the same lack of energy and embodying team spirit, I was very content over the fact that most of them had finally shut up about Paris for a moment.

"Look at our upgraded ride," Harrington announced pointing at a sleek black tour bus. Sounds of wonder and awe erupted from the class, now eagerly moving towards the bus.