Beep Beep

Beep Beep

The sky is so blue and the fluffy white clouds draw the most curious figures as they pass by. The green grass feels cool and comfortable under my skin. The daisies, sunflowers and daffodils dance by the tune of the birds perched in the nearby trees...

'Beep... Beep'

Oh no that hideous sound again! The artificial respiratory machine and the monitories buzz and beep again and awakens me... Again.

At least this is not painful... In fact, I feel nothing at all. That's good but I know that in the end, not suffering means not reacting. Not reacting means not recovering. Not recovering only means not living.

Oh... Those fluffy clouds again!

The door opens and I can hear someone sobbing.

"I'm so sorry my love. I swear I did everything I could, but it's been too long. Waiting for two years... Oh God! Why did you have to go?"

Wait, Belinda! Going where? I am still here!

"I loved you since forever. I still love you and I will love you for the eternity. I'm so sorry... Mark... But it's time to let you go."

Belinda! Don't! Please! I'm still alive... If only I could move! God! Please! No!

"Mrs. Ferguson... Are you ready?"

Ready for what!

"Yes, Dr. Porter. I'm ready."

"Fine... Nurse. It's time to disconnect the machines!"

No! Oh God No! I'm alive! I'm a...

"Exact time of death: 3:15 p.m."

***Prompt given was a patient in coma and less than 1,500 words.
It's less than 300! :-)
I hope you like it!