The Art Work

(Image from Pinterest)

The Art Work

Two men conversed about an art work, bizarre as it was, it fascinated them.

"Definitely is Impressionism. Do you notice the short, thick strokes of colors, sometimes seeming to be done carefully, consciously... yet others random fragments of color interposed, applied impasto, capturing the essence of the subject here", pointing his index here and there, one of the experts talked about his opinion on the piece.

"I must disagree Orvine this time in the matter. There's no doubt this is a perfect example of surrealism. Look here how the aim was to determine and settle a previous yet contradictory condition of either his dream or his reality. The artist portraits an unnerving and illogical scene... well illogical to us, but wonderful in his master-mind", the youngest of the two men waved his hand while speaking, his blue eyes glistened filled with exhilaration.

"On the other hand, Impressionism allowed the artist to mix both living and dead nature. Take a closer look Mathew", the gentleman wearing a dull brown jacket invited his colleague to take a step closer to the white wall where the piece hung. "Colors are applied side-by-side with as little mixing as possible... and there's no use of black, there's no need of it when the different shades of red, crimson, scarlet, carmine and dark burgundy are precise and staggering. Wet tints are placed without waiting for subsequent applications to dry, hence to produce blurring edges and intermingling of color and the reds drip freely to meet down the open hands plentiful of life elixir. The technique to obtain the vivid cerulean and that unique plum color over the pure bone surface exploits the principle of concomitant contrast to make the color appear more dramatic to the viewer. It screams pain, an excruciating time between life and death." Eyes widening, Orvine interpreted the mixed elements paint and sculpture.

"I can see your point my friend, nonetheless the work is done with photographic precision, and the incorporation of strange creatures from everyday objects adding the innovative painting techniques that allowed the unconsciousness of the artist to express itself. As I see this work as Surrealistic it features surprise, unexpected juxtapositions and non sequitur. It's revolutionary, therefore you would never expect to see these tones of decayed humanity... it's visceral and earthly in the same time. As the tints and elements incorporated aged it pops the juniper and the chartreuse greens among the reds. It's otherworldly clever." Mathew's eyes watered with the impression.

"Alright guys. Art exhibition is over. Now is time for us to do our 'curating' here." A man dressed in a white robe arrived. Putting a stainless steel box on the floor, he let escape a chuckle while fitting on a pair or blue latex gloves. Orvine and Mathew walked out, still talking on the art work. "Geez, we will need more solution than I thought... and bags, swabs, coolers, ice and isopropyl."

"Only a madman could do something like this... it's macabre, disgusting... how this people call this art?" The second man put on his robe and some sort of safety glasses. "This is crazy doc."

"True, 'tis true, but madness, real madness is an art... let's collect... How many skulls screwed at the top of the board?"

"Five, all of them facing down... creepy." Taking notes on a tablet, the assistant counted.

"How many hands at the bottom?"

"Five too, all of the open, facing up."

"Eyes?"

"All of them scattered. Two brown, one dark green, one... what color is this? I think is purple?" The forensic examined the eye sphere.

"Not bloated?"

"No, real purple... Two dark brown and the last one light green."

The men carefully placed all the body parts in different containers.

"Alright, let's take this sh*t down... it's time to test DNA in blood."

"That's lots of samples doc... it's dripping everywhere."

***This is my story created for the Art of Madness writing challenge hosted by Nyhterides as its last challenge. Glad I made it to this stage. I hope you enjoy it guys.

Prompt is in bold and italics.