Let the Choir Sing

Let the Choir Sing

We pretend to know it all... But we don't and never will. There are things that are simply beyond our power and understanding. In the huge chess game taking place in the universe, in this dimension or in the other, we are less than pawns... We are only humans.

'For we are God's masterpiece', He says... And I simply doubt it. There are much more beautiful things than us out there. Things that if they were to be revealed to us, our little selfish and egocentric brains will explode, and yet their existence can't be denied.

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. The sun shone through the tainted glass panels drawing heavenly colorful figures on the church's floor. Yes, I used to go to church... A long time ago. I really don't remember why I stopped going and I truly believe that If I have continued congregating, maybe I'll understand a little bit more this 'faculty'.

The service was about to conclude, but throughout the whole service it felt different... The atmosphere seemed heavier, or lighter, I don't know... Different. Maybe it was the assertive message the pastor preached or the fact I was feeling so depressed I found everything in the service replenishing enough to revive my decayed soul.

The choir took their place in the back of the pulpit. The organ began to play the tunes of a hymn I knew and I loved. The flutes and the guitar joined the melody and after that, the choir. I closed my eyes and let myself go with the beautiful spiritual lyrics. When the altos sang their part I join them from the stands.

But something made me open my eyes in that instant. There were more voices joining the choir's too. Too melodious and perfectly sonorous to be human. The next thing I saw almost made me fall to my back. I had to hold myself to the bench because what my eyes were seeing was beyond incredible. Behind the church's singers there was another choir. Beautiful beings dressed in some silvery white gowns that shimmered each one with a pair of wings that sprouted from behind their shoulders. There were no halos, but their hair was golden like the ripe grains of oat.

I couldn't believe what or why I was capable of seeing them... And only me. My heart hammered frantically inside my and goose bumps raised all over my body... I couldn't hold myself and I cried. I needed to cry. Something... Everything inside of me moved, shook. Can it be possible? Where they...

"Angels? Do you hear them too?" My best friend in the front row turned and looked at me with a terrified expression on her face.

"I see them." I replied in a whisper.

A/N
I've always seen or heard strange things since I was a little girl. It's something I don't enjoy at all. I don't know if you are a believer, or religious, or Christian or whatever, but I swear this happened to me and it's something I can't explain. Thankfully not as horrid as most of my sightings.

Obscura Fabula (Dark Shorts)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें