Space Mission

Space Mission

When Benjamin was notified he had been chosen to go on a space mission, he didn't believe it. He'd dedicated months to training in centrifugal chambers and space simulators with pride and commitment. He was told the whole mission relied on his life... but he never imagined the true meaning behind the words.

"Lieutenant Karskov, could you please hand me a sack?" In a sultry voice, a female crew member asked, fanning her long lashes and curving her lips up sumptuously to reveal a pair of elongated fangs.

"Of course, comrade Nicolav", his voice modulated sounding appealing to her, while he smiled with wickedness.

Behind the glass, Benjamin observed with resignation how the lieutenant pressed a red button on his sides. Hanging from chrome brackets, his body convulsed to the hissing engine. Blood, his own blood, flowed out his body through the strainers to fill a small plastic sack, and after making a chiming metallic sound, it was released to a compartment below.

"Does someone else wants a refreshment?" Bag in hand, Karskov asked, his fingers ready to press the red button once again.

***184 words on the dot

This vignette responds to the new summer challenge hosted by WattVampires .
As you see you have to write a story from 50 to 200 words having vampires in a sci-fi scenario.