Thy Sweet Blood

Thy Sweet Blood

I have no age... though I've lived for many, many years. Well, to live is not precisely the most fitting word. I have existed.

Since the very conception of the world, on the sixth day, to the image and likeness of God, I was created. Formed to make man's companion, The Creator erred in his supposition, thinking of me as an ideal wife. But I'm no man's wife. I am my own.

After being expelled from Paradise, I was blatantly degraded to a "fallen one" status. Without having lost any war, if anything, I've won my first little feminist battle since submissiveness has never been my nickname... Consequently, I played my cards and tricked God's most beloved creature. To Satan is all credit while he wasn't even there. It was me, Lilith, who seduced both Eve and Adam and there was no other forbidden fruit than the lusciousness in my womb.

For millennia Earth has become my kingdom, as a princess I am. To me has been bestowed the power that held the thrones of many kings from Persia to Macedonia, in better times and I've done as I wished. I've always had my ways.

I recall a very special occasion, in fact, the most special occasion of them all. It was the day I became the true queen of the human world. It was year thirty-three of the modern era, and to be honest I had never paid attention as for the days passed by, or the years were being marked, or how the months were named until my brother was born... half brother, I must say.

As an immortal being, events and dates had been meaningless to me, as I had always done what I wanted and had a feast every time I wished for. Nevertheless, as this prophecy had spread through oral tradition since the times of King David, about this child, a virgin, and a star... It cracked me up. Hebrew imagination has always been so prolific, but in the end, it was true. The Savior was born.

I admit no competition and it's fun how for the first time my own birthday, if I can call it that way, really mattered to me. I wanted it to be a special event, a huge celebration, and as I have said, I always find my ways. So, after thirty-three years since my brother was born, I had my own birthday party, the best of all. One that humanity would never forget.

Everything was set at my fiance's mansion in Judea, on the sixth of Nisan, the day allegedly I was created according to those who know the stars and the seasons better than I do. Even though Pontius Pilate was not a king as I was accustomed, nothing less I deserved, he served well for my purposes. I tried Herod before. A man fond of blood as I was, but not so of women, hence I failed in my attempt at being Galilee's queen. Such a pity, a sadist king like him is always a winner. All in all, the governor and the so self acclaimed king were friends. So I asked for a crucifixion in my honor and a crucifixion I've got. A very easy petition, considering it was the tetrarch's hobby. I only gave Herod an excuse to have another one. Blood would be spilled that day, and blood is what I love the most.