Stranded Astronauts

Stranded Astronauts

"Ooooooh. That one was close. Did you see it Johnny? Must've left a nice crater down the hill... Come, it's meteor hunting." The stranded astronaut padded on his friend's helmet and dragged a chromed wheelbarrow with him across the red sand.

Up and down Mars dunes, leaving an uneven trail of footprints and tyre tracks they conversed in a nonchalant tone.

"Most definitely, Johnny. Once we find it, we'll take it back to the dome... Yes, it shouldn't be that big. That was a mighty flare, sure it burned half his size." The man spoke while clumsily climbed up the orangey sandy hill.

Already at the top, the astronaut spotted the still fuming rock. As he predicted, it was a medium size rock, effortlessly could be put into the cart.

"Oh yes, it will cool off once we get down there Johnny... True, back in the lab we'll examine it."

It was easier for them to get to the hill's skirts that climbing it up, taking just a few minutes. Now having a better view, once they were closer and with the sun blazing above their heads. Eyes widened with some self sense of pride and excitement, the scientist lifted the heavy meteor in his grey and thick gloves. Turning around he showed it to his friend. "Precious, isn't it? Look at all these sparks on its surface... yes, some fine metals are to be tested at the lab. We'll take this baby back home, Johnny." Bending down, the man put the glittery rock inside the wheelbarrow. By the weight of the meteor it shook, making the helmet in it roll on its sides. "Oh, sorry. My bad Jonny." He carefully placed the helmet back in place and padded it. A pair of bloated purple eyes stared blankly at him through the glass shield, above cyanotic lips opening half way on the dismembered head.

314 words on the dot , responding to the Halloween Vault's challenge CoffeeCommunity _creepy_pasta WattVampires and all those profiles involved.